Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am SO glad I am a SAHM! (Not bashing!)

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:27 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Because I HATE pumping! I'm currently trying to stock up for our first overnight date night since baby was born (August) and I HATE taking the time to pump! Just sitting there... GAH...

Kudos to you working moms that have to do this on the daily! Multiple times!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryJarrett
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:44 PM
I know what you mean!

How long will you be gone? You only need to leave 1-1.25 oz per hour. 😃
snelson131
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:00 PM

Oh less than 24 hours. I was planning to only pump like an ounce a day in order to not overdo it, but I hate doing it so I've been putting it off. So now I have to catch up a bit.

Quoting MaryJarrett: I know what you mean! How long will you be gone? You only need to leave 1-1.25 oz per hour. 😃

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:03 PM
I have an august baby, too (Aug 13th). I had to pump maybe 8 times shortly after she was born for some freelance jobs I had that took me away for several hours on the weekends. I HATE PUMPING. I agree with you, super kudos to moms with the fortitude and dedication to pump long-term. I'll have to leave my dd in a couple months for a mall sleepover with my older dd's girl scout troop. I'll nurse before I leave around 9 and leave my dh with 2 or 3 ounces to give her if she wakes around 2 or 3 am. I should be home by 7am. And i have a couple bags frozen from back then so yay, I don't have to drag my pump back out (though I ended up getting a better yield from my manual than my new double electric)
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:03 PM
What the PP said. See "Bottlefeeding the Breastfed Baby" on Kellymom.com for paced bottlefeeding procedure that should be used. If you nurse just before you walk out the door, leave two 2 ounce bottles to be given two hours apart, and nurse upon arrival, that gets you a total of six hours.
bekaanne0524
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:14 PM
I totally agree. Before each baby I think "I'll pump after baby's born and have a stash just in case". Then after the first few times pumping I remember why I don't like pumping. With my other 2 I had to pump some to supplement with. This time I don't need to!
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:21 PM
Yep it sucks! I pumped for a year while at work, 5 days a week for both of my children. It was a huge celebration for me when I could put the pump away.
HazelBug
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:48 PM
I pump extra and give it to my toddler (his allergies don't seem as bad since he's been back on some breastmilk). Pumping is time consuming and irritating. I only do it once or twice a day. But that's more than enough for me to get annoyed.
cemcnair
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:58 PM
I tossed my pump at 18 months, still hand expressing until we are out of flu season. The sound of my pump was making me want to hit things, lol!!
Even working moms hate pumping!
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:22 PM
I so agree! I kicked the pump at a year with my oldest. My other two I stay home with them. I do have a small stash. But it's for emergencies. My oldest has asthma, my middle child has a bad food allergy. So if we need to rush to the er I have some for grandma to feed baby.
snelson131
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:35 PM
That's what I said Kudos for! lol I hate doing it just for the little bit I need! I couldn't imagine having to do it for an all day every day supply!!

Quoting cemcnair: I tossed my pump at 18 months, still hand expressing until we are out of flu season. The sound of my pump was making me want to hit things, lol!!
Even working moms hate pumping!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)