Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby thrush?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

Ugh I was fine that it was just me.. now look at her tongue 😞 I'm almost done with the diflucan and it's getting worse. Going to call some pharmacies for apno now. Should I go back to the gentian violet to treat her?
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:15 PM

Absolutely.  You've seen the article on thrush at Kellymom.com?

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jan. 31, 2015 at 5:47 PM
Didn't you already use the gv for almost 2 weeks? It sort of just looks like milk tongue. Have you looked at her tongue before to know this is looking different? You really really need that APNO.
Careeka22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:23 PM
Yes I did. It's noticeably different. I saw it this morning but decided to see if it went away. It didn't and won't scrape off.I found some compounding pharmacies but they are closed until Monday. I'd rather do the real deal vs making my own and it not working.

Quoting mostlymaydays: Didn't you already use the gv for almost 2 weeks? It sort of just looks like milk tongue. Have you looked at her tongue before to know this is looking different? You really really need that APNO.
Careeka22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:25 PM
Oh yes everything. I agree I think it's bacterial now. I did just put on more gv for now to at least treat her.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Absolutely.  You've seen the article on thrush at Kellymom.com?

AJsMa
by Member on Feb. 3, 2015 at 12:36 PM

If it is thrush, you will want to both treat at the same time. I'm not up on all the posts if it's been discussed before, but it sounds like you maybe passed it back and forth before diflucan and didn't overlap treatment enough.

That's what happened to us. It was less than fun. 

Careeka22
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Well I started with the GV to treat us both. Baby seemed unaffected at first but I kept treating anyway. That was for 2 weeks and it was getting worse. That's when I got the diflucan and coconut oil. Then she was showing signs so I went back to GV. As of right now it still itches like crazy and both sides are red. I'm going to make my own APNO to try.

Yes it has been horrible!

Quoting AJsMa:

If it is thrush, you will want to both treat at the same time. I'm not up on all the posts if it's been discussed before, but it sounds like you maybe passed it back and forth before diflucan and didn't overlap treatment enough.That's what happened to us. It was less than fun. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)