Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this normal???

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:06 PM
  • 6 Replies
My daughter is 6 weeks and lately she buses for about 5 mins on each breast and then she's done and eventually just goes to sleep. I was wondering if it's normal since she use to eat for about 15 mins on each breast. She still eats every two to three hours still,, every four hours throughout the night .
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:13 PM
If diapers are good, she's fine. Babies learn to be more efficient at the breast and can get the milk quicker.
Maddies_Mommy10
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:16 PM
Her diapers still seem to be going good... Not as many poopy diapers but still enough..:. She's not sick either so I was just worried she wasn't eating enough...

Quoting aehanrahan: If diapers are good, she's fine. Babies learn to be more efficient at the breast and can get the milk quicker.
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:54 PM
If she wasn't eating enough, she wouldn't be wetting enough. When you start to wonder again, remember what goes in, must come out. If it is coming out, it HAS to be going in.
gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 1, 2015 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Ther diapers are forever your guide. This is one of the reasons we tell expectant moms to destroy their timepieces. In the early days they aggravae you when baby's on the breast for hours, and at about this stage or a little later you start worrying when they're nursing for only minutes.

BOTH extremes are normal. Indeed, soon enough baby will be master of the 30-seond driveby!

Don't look at the clock. It will merely make you nuts.

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Feb. 1, 2015 at 10:04 PM
What they both said^^!!! It is indeed normal!
Maddies_Mommy10
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:22 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

Ther diapers are forever your guide. This is one of the reasons we tell expectant moms to destroy their timepieces. In the early days they aggravae you when baby's on the breast for hours, and at about this stage or a little later you start worrying when they're nursing for only minutes.

BOTH extremes are normal. Indeed, soon enough baby will be master of the 30-seond driveby!

Don't look at the clock. It will merely make you nuts.

Thank you for the advice!!! My pediatrician reassured me Im doing great. At her two week check-up she weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces... At her six week appointment on Monday she weighed 10 pounds 8 ounces!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)