Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help from large chested co sleepers

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:28 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'm co sleeping with my 3 month old and have larger tatas. My problem is basically that while nursing I have to lay like this / instead of |. I have a previous lower back injury so every morning I wake up hurting really bad. I'm desparete for some relief. He sleeps so much better in my bed.
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:48 PM
Do you put a pillow between your knees? That helped me a lot.
AustinRonMommy
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:49 PM

I'm no help, I had to do the same thing.

svolkov
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:51 PM
I never had a problem. You have to lean a certain way?. Mine were pretty ginormous and I just backed up a little
Vikingmum
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:01 PM
I quite often have a pillow behind the small of my back as I have to tilt back slightly sometimes to feed getting the breast nearest the bed. I do get though, especially as I end up crammed between the little Viking (who scooches towards me in guns his sleep then I scooch back to get a but of space when he feeds ) and OH so eventually OH and i have I've half and the littlest marauder has the other! Following to see if anyone has any genius solutions 😊
audmom1218
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:52 PM
I pack pillows under my back, knees and neck, (on the outside). Then dd is in the crook of my arm. Or a little lower between me and the crib.
jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Feb. 4, 2015 at 5:56 PM
I have a pillow behind my back for support and one between my knees. It really does make a difference. And then once baby is back asleep I unlatch her and move back or roll over.
lil_momma0911
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:13 PM
I've tried moving back but (this is embarrassing) my nipples don't point the same direction. One is straight but one is off to the side and down. I've tried the pillow behind my back but I turn over so much it doesn't work. I put him on my chest and take him with me when I flip

Quoting svolkov: I never had a problem. You have to lean a certain way?. Mine were pretty ginormous and I just backed up a little
svolkov
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:01 PM
I guess I still don't get the problem. I woke...fed baby...scooted back and went to sleep. Are you trying to not wake at all? So you don't need to move?

Quoting lil_momma0911: I've tried moving back but (this is embarrassing) my nipples don't point the same direction. One is straight but one is off to the side and down. I've tried the pillow behind my back but I turn over so much it doesn't work. I put him on my chest and take him with me when I flip

Quoting svolkov: I never had a problem. You have to lean a certain way?. Mine were pretty ginormous and I just backed up a little
lovemytwo88
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:10 PM
I can relate. My right nip doesnt point straight either so i lay angled as well and i wake up with back pain too. Pillow against my back does help some.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:25 PM
As for him hogging the bed, try a co-slept or crib side-carred to the bed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)