Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long is too long? *update*

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 4:04 AM
  • 10 Replies
My EBF 2 month old hasn't pooped since last saturday, she is pering and eating fine and passing gass but no poop. She hasn't been acting like she's in pain but she's been comfort nursing more often. I'm kinda getting worried about this.

*update*
Thought I'd let you gals know, Dd finally pooped! We went 12 days. It wasn't hard so she wasn't constipated.
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 4:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LittleRed80
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 5:56 AM
My record was 8 days. Just as long as it is soft when it comes it's OK. Be prepared for a real blow out.
Travelbugg
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 7:20 AM
I can't remember which age it started, but I know by 4.5 months my EBF son averaged just once a week. But when he did go, boy watch out!!!! It was everywhere!!!!
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Feb. 27, 2015 at 7:48 AM
After 6 weeks it can be very normal for the poop to slow down. By the time my first 4 babies were between 9-12 weeks they were only pooping once every 3 to 10 days. Normal. My fifth baby is 6 months now and usually poops several times a day still. Normal, but strange for me after the other 4.

I think the "group record" is 21 or 22 days? I can't remember *who* holds that record. And i remember when my babies would get so crabby and fussy and they sort of whined while nursing like it bothered them, we'd be like "looks like big pop day is coming" and sure enough, massive poopslosion.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Feb. 27, 2015 at 7:51 AM
The fact that she's passing gas is good. And on that note I'll also warn you that the gas gets wickedly stinky as poop days space out, even though the poop itself doesn't seem as stinky! I wouldn't worry unless the poop is hard dark pellets.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 1:18 PM
My youngest went up to two weeks, then he had a "poop day" where he'd empty out. It's coming just wait lol;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nekoXfishie
by Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Last time she pooped she hadn't pooped for three days before that and she exploded out of her diaper all over my kid SIL twice. I'm worried she'll poop at great-grandma's funeral today.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: My youngest went up to two weeks, then he had a "poop day" where he'd empty out. It's coming just wait lol;-)
LittleRed80
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 2:19 PM
The gas is sooo bad when that happens. It always seems to happen when we're in public, too.

Quoting mostlymaydays: The fact that she's passing gas is good. And on that note I'll also warn you that the gas gets wickedly stinky as poop days space out, even though the poop itself doesn't seem as stinky! I wouldn't worry unless the poop is hard dark pellets.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Feb. 27, 2015 at 4:53 PM
When I was really worried about "poop day" I often put baby in plastic diaper cover (the cheap one that looks like a shower cap). of course I usually had bad timing and we had poop horror stories.

Quoting nekoXfishie: Last time she pooped she hadn't pooped for three days before that and she exploded out of her diaper all over my kid SIL twice. I'm worried she'll poop at great-grandma's funeral today.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: My youngest went up to two weeks, then he had a "poop day" where he'd empty out. It's coming just wait lol;-)
nekoXfishie
by Member on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:05 PM
I need to get some, my dad said something about getting some for me. Fortunately she didn't blow out at the funeral, she was wearing a white flower pattern dress my mom made for her.

Quoting mostlymaydays: When I was really worried about "poop day" I often put baby in plastic diaper cover (the cheap one that looks like a shower cap). of course I usually had bad timing and we had poop horror stories.

Quoting nekoXfishie: Last time she pooped she hadn't pooped for three days before that and she exploded out of her diaper all over my kid SIL twice. I'm worried she'll poop at great-grandma's funeral today.

ArcheressRabbit
by on Feb. 28, 2015 at 7:30 AM
Brest milk can be like a laxative. My daughter was 3 to 4 days tops. Put her in less loved clothes and top notch diapers, you'll need it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)