Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colostrum?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:12 AM
  • 4 Replies
Im 30 weeks pregnant and still dry nursing my toddler. I just noticed that I am leaking small drops of clear liquid from both breast. Is this colostrum? And does this have nutritional benefit for my toddler. She just bit me so I don't think she likes the taste. Oh and is it ok to carry on nursing?
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:14 AM
Very likely your transitioning to colostrum.
Perfectly fine to continue to nurse. But as you've seen some kiddos don't care for the change
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:37 AM
Colostrum is wonderful for your toddler! As to the biting, she may be teething. Treat the teething pain if this is the case. Teach nursing msnners. If she bites once, unlatch and tell her "No, that hurts". If she does it again, end the session, put her in a safe boring place and walk away for a few minutes. It is perfectly fine to continue nursing now and after the new baby is born as long as you are not having a high risk pregnancy.
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Most likely.  I got colostrum at 20 weeks with my first and even before that with my second (which was very useful since she came at 31 weeks and I was able to get her colostrum as soon as she was able to take feeds).

mnmbaby
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:50 AM
I'm 28 weeks and having the same thing. DD was down to three nursing sessions a day, and now that she's getting something again, she's all over me. It's annoying, but at least I know she'll more than likely want to continue after Pudge is here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)