Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unhappy baby girl

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:43 PM
  • 12 Replies
I have a 5 week old baby girl. She sleeps for 10 mins and then wakes up screaming. We have fed her and gave her gas stuff (per dr). This is almost a daily thing. Dr says there is nothing she can do as long as baby is eating good and gaining weight. She is breastfed and i have cut out almost all foods. Im down to plain chicken and blamd foods. Nothing seems to work and we are getting almost no sleep because or this constant crying. We have rocked her, tried the swing, drover her around, gave her a warm bath, placed the carseat on the dryer, we have a viberating chair, tried swaddling her. Everything just seems to make her more mad. Oh we have also tried gripe water and colic calm they dont work. She just seem like an unhappy baby all the time. I dont know what to do. Any help?
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prenatalRN
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:45 PM

my thought is reflux since it happens when she is lying down. Id ask your pedi what they think and maybe switch pedi. 

BraniOut
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:48 PM
How does she do when she is nursing? Does she choke or gag? Unlatch frequently? If so, you might have overactive letdown which can cause reflux. If that is the case, try leaning back while nursing to slow down the flow of the milk going into her mouth.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:53 PM

The #1 suspect to all the symptoms you are describing is overactice letdown and/or oversupply. How is her weight? Is she gaining slowly, or is she gaining like gangbusters? I sure don't think it's your diet, and since you cut everything with no improvement, so now you're both miserable. You're also banging down the door at the 6 week growth spurt, which can be even worse than the 3 week one. 

Ctmherron
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Can they do anything about reflex?

Quoting prenatalRN:

my thought is reflux since it happens when she is lying down. Id ask your pedi what they think and maybe switch pedi. 

Ctmherron
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:54 PM
Some days she has issues latching. The pedi recommended pumping then feeding from a bottle to see if it would help. She doesnt gag anymore on the bottle but the fussiness and her being uncomfortable and spitting up is still there.

Quoting BraniOut: How does she do when she is nursing? Does she choke or gag? Unlatch frequently? If so, you might have overactive letdown which can cause reflux. If that is the case, try leaning back while nursing to slow down the flow of the milk going into her mouth.
prenatalRN
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:55 PM

There are things they can do. Id call and ask for advice, another appt or if you do not like how your pedi is handling your issue id switch

Quoting Ctmherron: Can they do anything about reflex?
Quoting prenatalRN:

CafeMom Tickers
Ctmherron
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:57 PM
Her weight it great. She has gained weight fast but pedi says she is healthy and nothing to worry about. But having a screaming 5 week old isnt very fun.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

The #1 suspect to all the symptoms you are describing is overactice letdown and/or oversupply. How is her weight? Is she gaining slowly, or is she gaining like gangbusters? I sure don't think it's your diet, and since you cut everything with no improvement, so now you're both miserable. You're also banging down the door at the 6 week growth spurt, which can be even worse than the 3 week one. 

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM
Sounds like
Overactive let down/ oversupply. Rapid weight gain and all youre describing is classic symptom.
Ctmherron
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:23 PM
We do co-sleep. Im going to look into getting a sling. And thank everyone for all the information and help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)