Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM´s - what do you think of this? :-)

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:02 PM
  • 5 Replies

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I loved it. The mother who made the video actually posted it in this group a week or so ago.
Radka_Zackova
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:10 PM

THANK YOU!!! Actually I am "that mother". Only the original post has been locked... I wonder why. So I deleted it and created this one instead :-)

Quoting MusherMaggie: I loved it. The mother who made the video actually posted it in this group a week or so ago.

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a little slow sometimes--I realized it was you after I posted!
gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I have to ask, Radka, what kind of taxes folks are paying in the Czech Republic to support the program. Because in the US, that is what folks will want to know. And if the answer is anything over one penny a day, it'll be fought.

In your last thread, there was a lot of upset over the seeming dismissal of the father's role. I don't know if that is why it got locked. 

And I do have to answer one question posed in your video. I was very comfortable leaving my child when I went back to work at ten weeks. Because I knew he was with someone who cared for him as much as I did: My adoptive mother. And that was much better than where I'd had to leave him at six DAYS: in the care of a NICU staff.

We're not all of a piece. My husband is more oriented to the SAHM attitude than I ever have been. If he could have carried our son, he would have.

Radka_Zackova
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Hello - and thank you for your comment :-)

I fully agree with you - each of us is different (that makes life so thrilling!).

I do not think we pay any extra taxes. I guess we are an "average" taxes-paying country.

Just think that for each mum staying home you place someone unemployed. This way you may help people who have just finished school to get their practice... With this kind of law you enable the employer to get someone "just for 2 or 3 years" :-) You simply do not give money to unemployed - you give them to mothers instead :-)

Sorry I write "mothers" - it is the majority here - but of course also FATHERS can stay home with their kids (with the same conditions). In fact some dads do that (especially when moms have better jobs) - usually when moms stops breast-feeding. You can swap as you wish.

I guess there are more good reasons for supporting SAHMs - here in Europe we have a problem with "aging society" (not many children born) - and have to accept immigrants. We are losing our culture this way... 

The "single" phenomenon of today (and high divorce rate) could be also seen as the failure of the first mom-baby bond.

And psychology (analytic line especially) claim the causality between breast-feeding and smoking and overeating. I guess this could be of some importance too.

Of course there are moms who do not wish to stay home with kids. But I really think that those who choose to stay would do with some support.... that is all. 

Thank you and have a nice day! 

Radka

Quoting gdiamante:

I have to ask...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)