Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally!!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:00 AM
  • 8 Replies
Had my 1st child on Monday tonight (Thursday) I went to pump as normal and thought I was just wasting my time but was amazed to have milk actually come out!!! I got 100cc! Yay!
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:04 AM
Congrats on your first baby!!! Glad your milk has come in. It was 4 days with my first. Any reason you're pumping already? It's exhausting! :-)
jenimae1
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:07 AM
Can't breastfeed because I have a rash on my boobs my dr did not want him touching it but he said the milk should be fine! He told me to pump if I wanted to have him having my milk! I want the BEST for my son and since I can't give him my boob I'll give him the next best thing!

Quoting mostlymaydays: Congrats on your first baby!!! Glad your milk has come in. It was 4 days with my first. Any reason you're pumping already? It's exhausting! :-)
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:06 AM
What kind of rash do you have?
jenimae1
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 1:36 AM
There unsure yet but it keeps returning so there going to be doing a skin biopsy!

Quoting aehanrahan: What kind of rash do you have?
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Strange! If you end up exclusively pumping, there's a group here for ep moms that can give you tips. You need to pump every 2 or 3 hours to bring in and keep your supply up. Baby will need 24-30 ounces, now (we'll not quite yet, little newbie!) and at 12 months. And make sure bottles are like 2 or 3 ounces, no bigger, or tummy will stretch out and you'll end up in a position where you cant pump as much as baby has been accustomed to eating. Do you have a good double electric pump?

Exclusive pumping is hard. If we seem skeptical of your doctor's diagnosis it's only because we don't want to see your plans to breastfeed get ruined by a doctor who unnecessarily has steered you away from putting baby to breast. Does he think it's a staph infection, or a yeast infection? Has it spread to other parts of your body or to your husband?

Quoting jenimae1: Can't breastfeed because I have a rash on my boobs my dr did not want him touching it but he said the milk should be fine! He told me to pump if I wanted to have him having my milk! I want the BEST for my son and since I can't give him my boob I'll give him the next best thing!

Quoting mostlymaydays: Congrats on your first baby!!! Glad your milk has come in. It was 4 days with my first. Any reason you're pumping already? It's exhausting! :-)
suomynona_amam
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I would just cover the rash with a dental dam or a bandage.
I would not exclusively pump because of a rash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 11, 2015 at 1:06 PM
All of this!

Quoting mostlymaydays: Strange! If you end up exclusively pumping, there's a group here for ep moms that can give you tips. You need to pump every 2 or 3 hours to bring in and keep your supply up. Baby will need 24-30 ounces, now (we'll not quite yet, little newbie!) and at 12 months. And make sure bottles are like 2 or 3 ounces, no bigger, or tummy will stretch out and you'll end up in a position where you cant pump as much as baby has been accustomed to eating. Do you have a good double electric pump?

Exclusive pumping is hard. If we seem skeptical of your doctor's diagnosis it's only because we don't want to see your plans to breastfeed get ruined by a doctor who unnecessarily has steered you away from putting baby to breast. Does he think it's a staph infection, or a yeast infection? Has it spread to other parts of your body or to your husband?

Quoting jenimae1: Can't breastfeed because I have a rash on my boobs my dr did not want him touching it but he said the milk should be fine! He told me to pump if I wanted to have him having my milk! I want the BEST for my son and since I can't give him my boob I'll give him the next best thing!

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Apr. 11, 2015 at 1:06 PM
All of this!

Quoting mostlymaydays: Strange! If you end up exclusively pumping, there's a group here for ep moms that can give you tips. You need to pump every 2 or 3 hours to bring in and keep your supply up. Baby will need 24-30 ounces, now (we'll not quite yet, little newbie!) and at 12 months. And make sure bottles are like 2 or 3 ounces, no bigger, or tummy will stretch out and you'll end up in a position where you cant pump as much as baby has been accustomed to eating. Do you have a good double electric pump?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)