• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding through the night...

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:51 PM
  • 17 Replies

Night time breast feeding... how do you handle it?  Do you co-sleep?  If so, how does this work for you?  Do you get up several times a night and feed and put baby back to bed?  

I have never really put baby in bed with me when they were brand new.... too little.  I just have this huge fear of something happening to them.  But I can't help but wonder how the breastfeeding arrangement works the first several months.  What works for you?

in love  blowing bubbles  baby boy 
Wife to Jared, Mother to Olivia Grace 10/11/2007  &   Blaine Alexander 01/13/2012
http://www.boehmkehouse.blogspot.com/

by on May. 5, 2015 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:18 PM
We bed share.
Lgoodum
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:20 PM
I have a sleeper bed for baby in bed with me. Got it from target. Too scared to have him in bed with me if not in the sleeper
WaterorWine
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:21 PM
I cosleep, if you go that route make sure you meet all of the safety requirements:
No extra pillows, blankets, etc.
Mattress on the floor
No one on meds or alcohol
No one is morbidly obese
Firstcamelove
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 5:26 PM
I just have baby sleep in his own room. First couple nights i held him to sleep cuz he was so fussy, but i was sitting in recliner or couch with pillows around my arms so he wouldn't fall.
I just have my baby monitor on and whenever he wakes up i go get him to feed. His schedule is eating around 11, waking up at 3:30 then again at either 7:00 or 8.
I have a swing that ive been putting him in, but lately have tried the crib. :) he likes both.
anotherandree
by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:31 PM

My husband is a heavy sleeper so bed sharing would NEVER work for us.  I get up with the baby but try to limit interaction (I don't want him thinking it is time to play!), limit light, and do watch TV but keep the volume on low.  Even at 2 wks, he seems to be very efficient, even at night, so we get up, nurse, and then he goes right back to bed until he wakes up in 2 hrs to do it all again.

suomynona_amam
by on May. 5, 2015 at 6:04 PM
I take the baby to bed with me at bed time for the first two months. They sleep in their beds during naps and whenever dh puts them to sleep. After two months I did I differently with each kid. My first one got nursed or got a bottle and put back to bed every time. My second came in with me and nursed on and off until morning until 18 months old. With my third I gt up and nursed him back to sleep in his bed until he was almost a year old. Then iwould nurse him and he would go into bed with dh after that because I had to get up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suomynona_amam
by on May. 5, 2015 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
And tuck the sheets and blanket in so it can't get pulled up past baby's chest.

Quoting WaterorWine: I cosleep, if you go that route make sure you meet all of the safety requirements:
No extra pillows, blankets, etc.
Mattress on the floor
No one on meds or alcohol
No one is morbidly obese
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audmom1218
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2015 at 6:26 PM
I can't nurse in bed yet, it's just way too painful. Ds is in a bassinet next to our bed. I get him up and nurse him when he disses then put him back.
3companytoo
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 6:44 PM

I co-sleep. My son was a serial snacker. It worked perfectly for us. Dh is a heavier sleeper. I can hear a firefly sneeze on the other side of town. He always slept on my side of the bed lol. 

busy_mama27
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 6:52 PM
We have always Co slept somewhat.... My youngest is three and he slept with me from six months until he was 2.5 but he was bigger and I barrired him in and made my husband sleep on the other side of me. He just sleeps too hard. I didn't breastfeed my last though either and I imagine it's so much easier having them in bed with you. I was considering one of those Co Sleeper beds for extra safety. I guess I just really wanted to see how everyone else handles it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)