Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help please, I am so tired of this crazy nipple tmi pics

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:59 PM
  • 3 Replies

HELP, is this thrush?

I have had burning/itching/craziness on and off in my right nipple since just before Valentine's Day. The white portion comes and goes, occasionally it becomes shiny and red. The itching comes and goes (sometimes goes away for several days and gets my hopes up, but when it returns, I want to rip the nipple off. It makes me want to crawl out of my skin.

I have treated with gentian violet (three different courses of 14 days or more). I have also done Nystatin for the past 15 days...still driving me crazy and I think getting worse not better.  The main reason I question if it is thrush is that my son has not had any white spots or any visible signs of it himself at any point.

Any suggesggestions would be appreciated.

by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lilmama8408
by Member on May. 6, 2015 at 12:16 AM
Have you seen your doctor? You might need a script to aid in that. I wish you the best and sorry I'm not more helpful
suomynona_amam
by on May. 6, 2015 at 1:54 AM
It looks like thrush, but it could b an infection. I'd probably see a physician.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on May. 6, 2015 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Actually, the WORST cures for thrush come from the doctor. PLease check out the thrush resources on kellymom.com... those are cures that WORK.

What you've been doing so far is no better than pouring gasoline on a fire. Especially the nystatin. It actually FEEDS thrush. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)