Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much do you keep?

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:35 AM
  • 17 Replies
How much milk do you keep in the fridge before you freeze it? I try to freeze excess by day two and I'll leave one bottle in the fridge. What is your process for storing/freezing?,
by on May. 7, 2015 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 7, 2015 at 9:36 AM
Since I don't work I have no process :)
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 9:41 AM
I don't work. So I have no stash.
lovemytwo88
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:36 AM
None, unless im out of bm bags. I have probably 100oz in the freezer right now. My dd usually doesnt eat near as much as i pump.
I pump at work and freeze it as soon as i get home. We use oldest frozen milk first.
eesmommy
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 10:37 AM
I don't freezone currently but when i did, i froze everything immediately.
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 7, 2015 at 11:08 AM
Thinking back to when I was working.
I pumped at work. When I got home I set out two bottles for the following shift and froze the rest. If I didn't work the next day everything went in the freezer and DH would use the oldest frozen milk the next time I worked.
There was never more then the next day's bottles in my fridge
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:20 AM

I generally keep one fresh serving (2 oz) in the fridge in case.  But I have been trying to build supply for going back to work.  We generally do not use what is in the fridge and it goes into the freezer.  My freezer is crazy full of milk right now.  We have a big chest freezer and half of it is just milk.

If I know I'm going to be out I will try to have more fresh, but my husband knows he can pull frozen if necessary. 

Now we are considering my not going back to work in which case we will have crazy amounts of frozen.

LBJK2
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:52 AM

I would put all in the fridge. On Friday, I would freeze all except what I needed for Monday. Then start over again the next week.

audmom1218
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:11 PM

DD drinks half and the other half goes to the freezer.  i'm only pumping once a day for when i go back to work.  

I should add DD is 3.5 and doesn't nurse from the tap anymore.  I can usually pump 8-10oz in the morning so I will give her a glass, while freezing the rest.  DS nurses on demand. 

Gabeys_Mommy
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:14 PM
I stay home with her so I've been pretty lazy with pumping. I usually kept only one bottle in the fridge which usually ended up going into the freezer unused. I have about 35 oz in the freezer for emergencies. Hubby & I are going to a wedding next weekend(first time leaving our 3 month old) so I will probably try to pump a little next week.
anotherandree
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:15 PM
I usually freeze just enough for a night or two out and/or an "emergency" feeding. He still eats ALL THE TIME so finding time to pump is difficult.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)