Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to group

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:26 AM
  • 9 Replies
I just joined this group today. I have been breastfeeding for 11 months & had planned on starting to wean @ 12 months, but now I'm not so sure. I have days I love breastfeeding & days where I look forward to weaning. I'm hoping this group will be a good source of support, since the only real support of my breastfeeding is my husband.
by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 7, 2015 at 10:33 AM
3 moms liked this
Welcome
Many of us planned on weaning at one :) then one came and went and realized it was no more then a day on the calendar.
Nothing in baby's life suddenly changes at any set day. Baby gradual changes from a baby to a toddler and child at their own rate and pace.
After 1 you can limit the sessions to something you are more comfortable with.
cj246
by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:44 AM
I'm planning on trying to follow my lo's cues. Problem is, days like today it seems he's trying to wean already. :/

Quoting melindabelcher: Welcome
Many of us planned on weaning at one :) then one came and went and realized it was no more then a day on the calendar.
Nothing in baby's life suddenly changes at any set day. Baby gradual changes from a baby to a toddler and child at their own rate and pace.
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 7, 2015 at 10:54 AM
What's he been doing?

Quoting cj246: I'm planning on trying to follow my lo's cues. Problem is, days like today it seems he's trying to wean already. :/

cj246
by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:59 AM
When i offer my breast, he will cry while hitting & kicking me. He sometimes will bite me too. We used to have a schedule, but lately he's been going longer between sessions.

Quoting melindabelcher: What's he been doing?

Quoting cj246: I'm planning on trying to follow my lo's cues. Problem is, days like today it seems he's trying to wean already. :/

melindabelcher
by mel on May. 7, 2015 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Just follow his lead. He's likely more efficient and not needing as much time on the breast.
Make sure you aren't giving any foods ever unless he's nursed first.
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi and welcome!  This group is amazing.   I wish I had them with my first who is will be 2 in a couple of weeks.

My current baby is 4.5 months and thriving.  She's a chubby little thing full of magic mommy milk.

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2015 at 11:57 PM
He may be getting a new tooth, or too many solids. Their patterns can vary tremendously.
suomynona_amam
by on May. 8, 2015 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello, his behavior is likely temporary.
I did start a milk after food rule at one aside from the middle of the night and when they woke up cranky in the morning or after nap. I also stopped offering the breast unless a toddler was really upset over something. The boys are sixteen months and three years old. The older one is down to two to three times a day, an the younger one nurses twice at night and maybe five times during the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cj246
by on May. 8, 2015 at 7:53 AM
I'm starting to wonder if it's a tooth since he's extra clingy & cranky sometimes right now.

Quoting MusherMaggie: He may be getting a new tooth, or too many solids. Their patterns can vary tremendously.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)