• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Before and after latch pics

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:32 PM
  • 18 Replies
This comparison is for those moms who have a pediatrician or lc tell them there is nothing wrong with the latch because it looks fine even though it's causing pain. I apologize because the "pre" pic is dark but they both look about the same to me even though I'm completely pain free nursing 3 days after the ties were revised.
by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audmom1218
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:34 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Pre
audmom1218
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:35 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

by New Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:37 PM
How long have you been at it?
audmom1218
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:40 PM
He's 5 weeks old, ties were revised on Thursday

Quoting fragglequack: How long have you been at it?
fragglequack
by New Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:46 PM
Are you super full before feeding?

audmom1218
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:09 PM
I was at the peak of engorgement but we did reverse pressure softening. I also did chin-first deep latch techniques. The problem was his tongue would bunch up in the back and he would clamp with his gums and lick the nipple. I was in extreme pain and he wasn't gaining weight despite my massive oversupply. The LC told me the ties have nothing to do with it and that his latch was fine. I took him to a pediatric dentist who specializes in ties for a laser revision. I've been nursing essentially pain free ever since. (I say "essentially" because my nipples are still incredibly tender so much so that even wearing a shirt without a bra is painful) but each day the discomfort from the damage is improving instead of getting worse).

Quoting fragglequack: Are you super full before feeding?

stepconfused182
by Kelley on May. 17, 2015 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this
This is why we stress so much that a painful latch is not normal!! It's frequently the ONLY sign of a tongue tie. I'm glad you found someone who would listen to you and take care of the problem.
audmom1218
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:26 PM
Yes! Had he been my first I probably would have quit by now! The biggest thing pushing me to keep fighting was knowing how it is supposed to feel! I love this group for the tips that got me through the first few weeks! I know there has been a big influx in ties in this group in the past few months , so I hope a new mom battling a painful latch can see these pics and have the courage to go for a second (or third or fourth) opinion!

Quoting stepconfused182: This is why we stress so much that a painful latch is not normal!! It's frequently the ONLY sign of a tongue tie. I'm glad you found someone who would listen to you and take care of the problem.
fragglequack
by New Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:35 PM
Well it seems like now they are seeing ties and fixing them them earlier on. Mostly because it seems that more people are breastfeeding
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)