Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ouch!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:22 PM
  • 15 Replies
My 8 week old seems to start sucking different when she's tired now. Especially night time feedings. It's causing me major pain... I have to pull out and get her to relatch and then it happens all over again. She takes a pacifier/bottle occasionally- I wonder if she starts sucking different because of that. Is there anything else I can do?
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaddowchild
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:41 PM
Idk...my little guy (10 weeks) has been doing that too when he is sleepy. It's like he's flicking my nipple. It makes my skin crawl. He gets so mad when I take him off.
Careeka22
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:52 PM

8 weeks already!? Skyler was notorious for doing this and it was insanely irritating! Half the time I would just bear down until she let got but as you stated it started all over. I just tried to re-position her and myself to where she got more in her mouth and wasn't hanging off. She never took a passie and had bottles of pumped milk daily starting at 6 weeks so I don't know if that changed anything. I just think when they are half asleep they are just doing a lazy latch.

Lmallonee
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:01 PM
Yeah I think it's just when she's asleep - hopefully it passes soon because it's killing me!

Quoting Careeka22:

8 weeks already!? Skyler was notorious for doing this and it was insanely irritating! Half the time I would just bear down until she let got but as you stated it started all over. I just tried to re-position her and myself to where she got more in her mouth and wasn't hanging off. She never took a passie and had bottles of pumped milk daily starting at 6 weeks so I don't know if that changed anything. I just think when they are half asleep they are just doing a lazy latch.

Firstcamelove
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:01 PM
My little man does that too sometimes, i just nicely but sternly say no.. Dont hurt mommy. I take him off and put him back on, repeat if necessary. Hes only 7 weeks old, but babies learn with repetition. :) good luck!
Careeka22
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:08 PM

I hope so too! Skyler got worse again when teeth came in so be prepared. Ryan isn't a comfort nurser so I don't have the same problems with her. She also may be in a growth spurt and just staying attached longer so hopefully it will calm down. Do you co-sleep?

Quoting Lmallonee: Yeah I think it's just when she's asleep - hopefully it passes soon because it's killing me!
Quoting Careeka22:

Lmallonee
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:19 PM
You know she's a comfort nurser! I can't even imagine teeth 😁 no on co-sleeping - she was in a bassinet in our room and I actually put her in her crib last night 😓

Quoting Careeka22:

I hope so too! Skyler got worse again when teeth came in so be prepared. Ryan isn't a comfort nurser so I don't have the same problems with her. She also may be in a growth spurt and just staying attached longer so hopefully it will calm down. Do you co-sleep?

Quoting Lmallonee: Yeah I think it's just when she's asleep - hopefully it passes soon because it's killing me!
Quoting Careeka22:

Careeka22
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:33 PM

How often does she wake up? I couldn't escape co-sleeping. It was either that or my sanity once I went back to work. Next time it's hurting try laying with her in bed, it seems to take the extra pulling pressure off for a bit.

Quoting Lmallonee: You know she's a comfort nurser! I can't even imagine teeth 😁 no on co-sleeping - she was in a bassinet in our room and I actually put her in her crib last night 😓
Quoting Careeka22:

Quoting Careeka22:

Lmallonee
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:36 PM
She still eats about 4 times a night (she sleeps close to 12 hours usually) id love for her to sleep with us but I'm sure DH would shoot that down!

Quoting Careeka22:

How often does she wake up? I couldn't escape co-sleeping. It was either that or my sanity once I went back to work. Next time it's hurting try laying with her in bed, it seems to take the extra pulling pressure off for a bit.

Quoting Lmallonee: You know she's a comfort nurser! I can't even imagine teeth 😁 no on co-sleeping - she was in a bassinet in our room and I actually put her in her crib last night 😓
Quoting Careeka22:

Quoting Careeka22:

Careeka22
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:42 PM

You forget he's not in charge now, baby girl is ; ). I sleep in a seperate bed with Ryan in her room just so we have more space but Skyler was with us since age 5 months.

Quoting Lmallonee: She still eats about 4 times a night (she sleeps close to 12 hours usually) id love for her to sleep with us but I'm sure DH would shoot that down!
Quoting Careeka22:

Quoting Careeka22:

Quoting Careeka22:

nickyjsmomma219
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:26 PM
Its likely from the paci and bottle. Because she can suck as hard and however she wants with those. I think you r going to have to keep pull her off and relatch until she stops
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)