Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Those of you who pump milk for sitter...

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:56 AM
  • 8 Replies
What have you found is the easiest way to leave milk with babysitter? I'm going to leave some
Frozen just in case something happens... But I also don't want to leave too much and her get over fed or it be wasted. She seems to be fine with 3oz around every 3 hours. What has worked well for you?
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Aug. 8, 2015 at 1:00 PM
I never left extra. I left enough for an oz per hour, if that, in already prepared bottles. I never thought about emergencies because if something happened to me, then my husband or another family member would get my kids and my milk was at my house!
shortyali
by Alicia on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:02 PM
The only time I left more than was needed was when my father watched my kids for me durning the winter. He lived about an hour from my home and I wanted him to have enough for over night incase the weather was too bad that he couldn't get to me and I couldn't get to them. I gave him 48ozs frozen and he kept it in his deep freezer for emergencies only. My stepmom was the one that actually asked me to do that. I also knew I could trust them not to use it unless it was absolutely needed and they knew for me formula was an absolute last resort.
For a close, casual sitter, I would only leave exactly enough For the time I was gone.
AmesCSki
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:11 PM
I prepare bottles and leave them in the fridge, either I thaw it out or pump the same day, and my nanny knows if for some reason the baby wants to eat more she can thaw some out of the freezer. The baby usually eats 4 2-3oz bottles over a 10-hour period or so, I always nurse before leaving and right when I get home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:29 PM
Some moms find it helpful to freeze milk in ice trays since each cube is about an ounce. Look up "Bottlefeeding the Breastfed Baby" on Kellymom.com and print off a copy for your caregiver.
LittleRed80
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 2:30 PM
My mom is the only one who has ever babysat and I have to leave bottles ready made in the fridge for her. I leave an oz per hour in 2-3 oz servings and give her exact instructions on how to warm it. (actually daddy does this because I've never given her a bottle before so I don't really know how she likes it).
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 8, 2015 at 3:19 PM
And remember, the milk should never be microwaved.
Ducks4Life
by on Aug. 8, 2015 at 5:21 PM

Leave just that then.  She is good with 3 oz every 3 hours, leave that. Don't leave extra.

OTZMom
by Member on Aug. 9, 2015 at 1:25 PM
I drop baby off at 7 a.m. and pick him up at 4:30. I leave 3 three ounce bottles and a 3 ounce frozen bag for the sitter in case i would get hung up at work. That seems to work well for us. The sitter is very experienced with breastfed babies and would never overfeed him. He typically only eats the 3 bottles that i send and nurses as soon as we get home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)