Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exhausted baby

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:31 PM
  • 13 Replies

Mobile Photo

He just pooped after not pooping since Monday :( now he doesn't know if he wants to eat or sleep 😅 I could really tell he was getting ready to poop because he wouldn't nurse - actually he screamed when he tried. He's got a cleaned out system now.
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BraniOut
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:47 PM
Aww, sweet baby. :)
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 9:36 PM
How old is he? Has he been checked for lip and tongue ties?
Cassie2115
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:34 PM
Three months, no he hasn't. Normally he nurses life a champ and poops daily but he got more formula than I like these past couple weeks while I've been training for work, and that backed him up - I could really tell by the color change as he pooped. Now that I'm getting into a pumping routine and only working nights (which he sleeps most of), he shouldn't be getting any anymore.

Quoting MusherMaggie: How old is he? Has he been checked for lip and tongue ties?
Cassie2115
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:38 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

These are the best pics I have in my phone that could show a tie if there is one
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Sep. 26, 2015 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Getting rid of the formula should keep the pooping better.
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Sep. 26, 2015 at 12:20 PM
He is adorable! I agree, formula can cause constipation.
Cassie2115
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Mobile Photo

He doesn't cry much so I couldn't get a good one of that. There's a couple other pics in this post though.

Quoting MusherMaggie: How old is he? Has he been checked for lip and tongue ties?
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Sep. 26, 2015 at 7:15 PM
Quoting Cassie2115:

Mobile Photo

He doesn't cry much so I couldn't get a good one of that. There's a couple other pics in this post though.

That looks like a pretty good lip tie. It goes almost down to the bottom of his gums.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2015 at 8:48 PM
Looks like he has a lip tie, which means he probably also has a posterior (deep) tongue tie. This can affect his ability to transfer milk, which will, along with formula use, lower your supply. Have a look at the section on ties in our resources sticky. There are links to pictures, articles, and a list of reputable providers by state who revise ties. Ties can cause speech, swallowing and food texture aversion issues, TMJ and migraines.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2015 at 10:04 PM
And babies his age can go several days without pooping. What did it look like when it finally happened?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)