Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby taking antibiotics..

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
Anyone have experience with baby, eight months, taking amoxicillin. Pharmacist said to give it to him with food. Will breastmilk be enough? He doesn't really eat a lot or often during the day yet. She couldn't really answer.
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:35 PM
Breastmilk is the best thing for the baby in this situation because it has live cultures. He will probably also need some probiotic as well. You can use liquid, or open a capsule, make a paste with the powder and some breastmilk, spread it on your nipple and let him nurse it off.
tamra07
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:45 PM
Do you suggest feeding him first then giving him the medicine?
I don't know anything about probiotics. I've just seen them in store. Is there some just for babies or how does it work. Thanks.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Breastmilk is the best thing for the baby in this situation because it has live cultures. He will probably also need some probiotic as well. You can use liquid, or open a capsule, make a paste with the powder and some breastmilk, spread it on your nipple and let him nurse it off.
Firstcamelove
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:08 PM

Mobile Photo

Get Kefir. Its a wonderful and natural form of Probiotics. My son is 6 months old and has been having tummy troubles, since giving him 1tblsp a night hes been sleeping better and hasnt been acting in pain.
Its very good for you and baby. If your iffy on it, read up a little. Theres sooo many amazing reviews and stories.
P.s. Make sure its UNSWEETENED, PLAIN Kefir.
tamra07
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:41 PM
Thank you. I'll look for it. Grocery store, pharmacy, where can I find it?

Quoting Firstcamelove:

Mobile Photo

Get Kefir. Its a wonderful and natural form of Probiotics. My son is 6 months old and has been having tummy troubles, since giving him 1tblsp a night hes been sleeping better and hasnt been acting in pain.
Its very good for you and baby. If your iffy on it, read up a little. Theres sooo many amazing reviews and stories.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:57 PM
Quoting tamra07: Do you suggest feeding him first then giving him the medicine?
I don't know anything about probiotics. I've just seen them in store. Is there some just for babies or how does it work. Thanks.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Breastmilk is the best thing for the baby in this situation because it has live cultures. He will probably also need some probiotic as well. You can use liquid, or open a capsule, make a paste with the powder and some breastmilk, spread it on your nipple and let him nurse it off.

There are many different types available. You can find them in the pharmacy, but I think a health food store would have more variety. They should be given between doses of the antibiotic, and for several days after the antibiotic is finished.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Firstcamelove
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2015 at 3:29 PM
Im so sorry I haven't replied!! :(
I found it at my local grocery store. It was over with more of the organic stuff, like tofu, soy milk and all that if you have an Aldis (small grocery store) where you live, they have some too.

Quoting tamra07: Thank you. I'll look for it. Grocery store, pharmacy, where can I find it?

Quoting Firstcamelove:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)