Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The end of our journey...

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:19 AM
  • 5 Replies
I've been nursing my 14 month old only at night for the past few months. We haven't nurses in four nights. I think it's the end of our journey.
Yes, I am very emotional about it. On the plus side, a couple nights ago she slept from 8 to midnight, woke up for about ten minutes, then slept until 9 the next morning!!!
Bittersweet...
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:52 PM
At that age, I did "sometimes offer, sometimes refuse". I wasn't in any hurry for the journey to end. They were still getting 85-90% of their nutrition from breastmilk --didn't really go for solids in a big way until a couple of months later.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:53 PM
Actually, unless she was being supplemented, breastmilk should have been her main and major source of calories through the first birthday.
Indy3000
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:03 PM

How many times were you feeding her at night up until you started weaning?

snelson131
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:21 PM

It used to be twice. She went down to once. And since a week or so ago, she would only nurse for about two minutes before falling back asleep. For the past few nights, she's woken up, fussed around a bit, waved at me and laid back down.

Quoting Indy3000:

How many times were you feeding her at night up until you started weaning?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

snelson131
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Yeah we mostly breastfed until 12 months. After that, I started the don't offer don't refuse thing and she was never interested during the day. Then her nighttime got less often and shorter and shorter until she stopped a few nights ago.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Actually, unless she was being supplemented, breastmilk should have been her main and major source of calories through the first birthday.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)