Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My little sipperšŸ˜¬

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:56 PM
  • 4 Replies
My son is almost 8 months and he takes sips all day. He gets up several times at night to breast feed. What should I do I'm exhausted?
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 2:28 AM
It's totally normal, can you co sleep? That really helped us get through those night feelings! Even though it seems like he's just sipping all day, an older baby is pretty darn effective and can drain you very quickly. They also get quite nosy at that age and might need to be taken to a quiet/dark room to focus on feeding if he's getting too distracted
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Oct. 27, 2015 at 9:10 AM

Dump that which is not necessary for survival, too. Seriously, there's nothing you can really do to change him. ALTHOUGH... offer to nurse more during the day, and NEVER give him a mouthful of solids without a full nursing first. Don't give solids right before bed; they wake babies more than make 'em sleep.

LittleRed80
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 9:53 AM
My dd is 9 months and is doing the same. I have started having to be very intentional about feeding her during the day. We must now go into a quiet dimly lit space. There can't be any distraction for her, so she will finally settled down and nurse more than a few minutes. Otherwise she just wants to play.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 28, 2015 at 12:10 AM
Has he been checked for lip and tongue ties?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)