Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:33 AM
  • 6 Replies
DD is two months and today is the second day she hasn't pooped. This isn't normal for her at all she usually poops a few times a day. Is there anything I can do?
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
suomynona_amam
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
They usually start pooping less frequently as they get older, so unless she seems uncomfortable I wouldn't do anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this
That's very normal. As long as when she goes it's soft and lots there, it's nothing to worry about. Beware, she may have a big poopslosion! lol
tina_a
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 1:47 AM
Thanks ladies! It happened so quickly it worried me I was expecting her to poop and got nothing lol
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:16 AM
Normal. As long as it is soft and profuse when it happens, all is well.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:49 AM
By the time my first 4 babies were 9 weeks, they were only pooping once every 3 to 10 days. Only my fifth baby pooped daily. That's the one I thought was weird! But both varieties are normal. Don't "do" anything to try to make her poop. I'll also warn you that as poop days space out, the fats gets way stinkier. Normal normal normal.
LittleRed80
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:52 AM
Be prepared for big blow outs. Always take extra clothes with you because it never fails that they take that huge dump when you're out!

It can be very alarming at first when they stop pooping all of a sudden, but it's totally normal. The colostrum is all gone and with it the laxative effects. Now baby has to learn to push poop. They may even seem really uncomfortable and scream, but as long as when they do poop it's soft, don't do anything about it. It's a necessary part of their development.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)