Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dairy Allergy

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 7:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

Mobile Photo

So my 9.5 month old got milk spilled on him by my 2 year old. I don't have to eliminate dairy, he does fine with me eating it but obviously he reacts to it. Could he be allergic and still have it trough breastmilk?
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:04 PM
Omg! I would def say a dairy allergy.
No funky stools(liquids, more frequent, mucous, green?) fussiness, reflux, diaper rash etc?
Xandriasmommy
by Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:20 PM
He has frequent diaper rash but that's it. No rashes until he started solids. He had horrible baby rash as a newborn but once I cut out oranges it went away.

Quoting melindabelcher: Omg! I would def say a dairy allergy.
No funky stools(liquids, more frequent, mucous, green?) fussiness, reflux, diaper rash etc?
melindabelcher
by mel on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:23 PM
Diaper Rash was how my dtrs dairy allergy/intolerance showed until after one and now she gets a face and chest rash and itching.
Has he ever consumed milk products?
Xandriasmommy
by Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:37 PM
He's been getting cheese and yogurt but yesterday he reacted to the yogurt and then my 2 year old dumped the milk...he ended up in the ER after eating mac and cheese and the Drs thought then it was corn

Quoting melindabelcher: Diaper Rash was how my dtrs dairy allergy/intolerance showed until after one and now she gets a face and chest rash and itching.
Has he ever consumed milk products?
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:45 PM
My son has a dairy allergy. I couldn't consume
While nursing him. He gets rashes if he consumes it or touches him.
Xandriasmommy
by Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:48 PM
See I would think my son would be reacting to what I eat but he doesn't.

Quoting Mom2Just1: My son has a dairy allergy. I couldn't consume
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:51 PM
I would think he would. But I've heard of cases where it doesn't happen.

Quoting Xandriasmommy: See I would think my son would be reacting to what I eat but he doesn't.

Xandriasmommy
by Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:26 PM
Huh? Though I keep thinking...I wonder if he is and I just don't realize it. He gets diaper rashes, and his knees and knuckles are ALWAYS dry...I wonder if that can be tied in...

Quoting Mom2Just1: I would think he would. But I've heard of cases where it doesn't happen.

Quoting Xandriasmommy: See I would think my son would be reacting to what I eat but he doesn't.

MinaPR
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:38 PM
With my 2y/o I couldn't even get near dairy products! She would get colicky, rash and runny pops.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 10:15 PM
I've heard of cases where child had a dairy allergy but only if they directly consumed it.

Quoting Xandriasmommy: Huh? Though I keep thinking...I wonder if he is and I just don't realize it. He gets diaper rashes, and his knees and knuckles are ALWAYS dry...I wonder if that can be tied in...

Quoting Mom2Just1: I would think he would. But I've heard of cases where it doesn't happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)