Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moody when you can't bf your little one..

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:30 AM
  • 8 Replies
So, I've been pumping these last few weeks and letting her take from the bottle like 90 percent of the time compared to my boob. I thought it would help give me that little sense of freedom so to speak but honestly not letting her nurse has seemed to make me a lot more crabby and irritable. Because even though I don't quite like it I do find nursing a kind of stress reliever for me. So I've been trying to get her back on it more but I think I've already messed her up because her once perfect latch isn't so perfect anymore and her suckling has grown a lot weaker, which I was warned would happen once you put her on the bottle :/ so I guess I'll try to wean her off of the bottles a bit and see if her latch gets better. Anyone else get really crabby if they can't breast feed? Is it a stress reliever for you? :3
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hip2it
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine start to sting if I don't nurse and that makes me crabby.
Lettie.Hatter
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:42 AM
Ouch I know what u mean, like pins an needles >.< I wonder why it does that
Nuggit222
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:28 AM

Yep, I do. I much prefer to breastfeed over pumping. But my little one takes a bottle too since I work. It may work better if you have a specific routine for bottle feeding and breastfeeding, like only bottle for certain feedings and then only breast for certain feedings or during certain times of the day?

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
It makes sense since nursing releases endorphins that make you feel good. I don't know if you get the same endorphins with pumping.

Make the bottles harder and slower. Sit her up with the bottle parallel to the floor so the milk doesn't just pour into her mouth. Stop after each ounce and burp her. Try to latch when she's not quite as hungry. You can take the edge off of her hunger by giving an ounce with the bottle then try to finish the feeding at the breast.
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:29 PM
Correct the latch every time it is wrong. She will eventually get it again if you are consistent.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 1:44 AM
It definitely relieves stress, and is way easier. Bottles are not really freeing at all. They have to be washed and refillied. You have to pump and feed the baby. It's a lot of extra work!
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 1:46 AM
Quoting Lettie.Hatter: Ouch I know what u mean, like pins an needles >.< I wonder why it does that

That's the letdown. It's normal, and usually becomes less intense as time goes on.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 12, 2016 at 5:34 PM

Oh, yes. There's research out there proving that breastfeeding is a stress reliever. It releases oxytocin, the "feel good" hormone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)