Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nursing strike?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:21 PM
  • 6 Replies
I'm not sure if my 11 month old is on a nursing strike. Last week I cut out all foods because he was cutting out nursing sessions. Well we have not had solids in all that time but he is still only nursing 1-2 times a day and has even started only 1-2 times at night. Is he cutting back because he's older or a nursing strike?
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
How are the diapers? He might just be too busy to nurse for now and getting all that he needs in those few sessions. Don't freak out if he goes back to newborn nursing frequency soon. Babies go through these phases.
Xandriasmommy
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:23 PM
It's dropped a bit, 4-5 wet diapers. He's in cloth so I can monitor it easier and check for dampness about every 2 ish hours...

Quoting aehanrahan: How are the diapers? He might just be too busy to nurse for now and getting all that he needs in those few sessions. Don't freak out if he goes back to newborn nursing frequency soon. Babies go through these phases.
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:24 PM
Four to five is perfect at this age!

Quoting Xandriasmommy: It's dropped a bit, 4-5 wet diapers. He's in cloth so I can monitor it easier and check for dampness about every 2 ish hours...

Quoting aehanrahan: How are the diapers? He might just be too busy to nurse for now and getting all that he needs in those few sessions. Don't freak out if he goes back to newborn nursing frequency soon. Babies go through these phases.
Xandriasmommy
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 12:49 AM
Oh good! I was worried! He's been my hardest nurser yet!

Quoting aehanrahan: Four to five is perfect at this age!

Quoting Xandriasmommy: It's dropped a bit, 4-5 wet diapers. He's in cloth so I can monitor it easier and check for dampness about every 2 ish hours...

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 1:40 AM
He may be teething. Is thrush a possibility?
Xandriasmommy
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this
His 4th tooth popped through a few weeks ago and no other signs of teething. I've checked him a few times for thrush, I thought this at first too. My older son was VERY prone to thrush, though it only happened when I used the Madela breast pads. I didn't see white, and I'm not having nipple pain or breast pain, no redness either. No colds, or other signs of illness. He is busy. Very very busy, so what was posted earlier makes sense about him being too busy to nurse. I'm going to try taking him off alone in another room and nurse all day Saturday to see if that helps.

Quoting MusherMaggie: He may be teething. Is thrush a possibility?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)