Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cycles and breastfeeding

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:55 AM
  • 2 Replies

My cycles came back at 3 months pp.  I have been within 5 days either side of the prior months.  Longest being 35 days, shortest 29 days.  I expect some off being I'm nursing and some solids with 9 month old.  Milk always comes first.  Couple of weeks ago we both went through the flu.  She was hospitalized for fluids and refused to nurse for 5 days.  Once home we got back to nursing again.  I'm producing like she was a month old with leaking at night and slight pain when it's time to nurse again.  So far this cycle is 3 days late but I've had the pms and moodiness and the other clue it's coming but hasn't.  the time sick was the green week so no chance.  

Has as anyone else after being sick had their cycles change again?

by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:05 PM
When my cycles *finally* came back they were so ridiculously erratic; between 19 and 45 days. Hormones from breastfeeding can cause crazy fluctuations with ovulation, for some women. Others are like clockwork no matter what. I can't even imagine
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:18 PM

That can happen even if you've never had a baby... or if it's been years since you were pregnant. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)