Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First full bottle...

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:58 PM
  • 8 Replies
So, I pumped 2.5 ounces in 5
5 minutes. And went to give Eugene the bottle. It took him 25-30 minutes to eat it. Burped after every ounce. But he still had really loud gulps, like he does at the breast. And took a break every .25 ounces or more frequently. Especially for the last ounce.
When he finished the bottle he began rooting and trying to get my boob, so I nursed him, and he nursed almost another 10 minutes. Never spit up at all.

Could he possibly be having difficulty breathing through his nose causing him to need to take so many breaks, even with the bottle? He "lost his latch" just as much on the bottle, as he does on the breast, from just stopping sucking and then just taking 10 seconds to breath.

Or does that still sound like tie issues?
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
melindabelcher
by mel on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like ties aren't all the way resolved
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like ties, which can also cause sinus problems.
PartyOfGirls
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds like tie issues, my 4 yr old was born without the ability to breath through her nose and had zero issues with latching on breast or bottle, but we didn't breastfeed long, only about 3 weeks!

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:24 PM
:-( Not being able to maintain latch on the bottle isn't a good sign. Does he spit out pacifiers, too?
bananas2u
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:29 PM
He averages, keeping a pacifier in his mouth for 1-2 minutes. But has times where he'll keep it in 10-30 minutes, no problem, 10 minutes much more common than 30 minutes, but still much rarer than 2 minutes.

Quoting mostlymaydays: :-( Not being able to maintain latch on the bottle isn't a good sign. Does he spit out pacifiers, too?
Stevensmomma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I would see a dr if he cant latch on bottle or breast he has something going on
audmom1218
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
That was ds was after his first revision (cut) too. He improved greatly after the laser.
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Mar. 23, 2016 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep, it sounds like the tie still needs further revision.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)