Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper Counts

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:35 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi all. I have an almost 8 day old baby and he was stooling on par with the 1 per each day of life until about 6 days old. He only had 1 for day 6 and today on day 7, he had two massive blow outs. He is wet at every change. We cloth diaper and use fitteds, and he soaks through those. Should the stool count be something I worry about? He lost about 8% of his weight before leaving the hospital, if that matters. Thanks in advance!
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
You want 6 changes every 24 hours. Poop count as 2 and they should be quarter sized ones. Anymore it counts as 2 poops.
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Some of my Babes pooped every single time they nursed. Others only once a day. No worries about stool counting, unless they completely stop pooping! 😊
gdiamante
by Gina on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:58 PM

It''s not a stool per day of life, but rather a diaper change per day till one week. Then 6-8 changes, with two quarter-sized poops amongst them (those start showing up about the middle of that first week, once the meconium's gone). 

Sounds like you're doing fine.

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Mar. 23, 2016 at 12:06 AM
This! Everything sounds perfect!

Quoting gdiamante:

It''s not a stool per day of life, but rather a diaper change per day till one week. Then 6-8 changes, with two quarter-sized poops amongst them (those start showing up about the middle of that first week, once the meconium's gone). 

Sounds like you're doing fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)