Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just for the future.... TTC while nursing.

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:52 PM
  • 14 Replies

Has anyone gotten pregnant while breastfeeding? Any tips or tricks to increase fertility with out weaning?

I know Zoey is only 5 days old, and we aren't even having sex yet, but my husband is turning 44 in a few days, and he told me if we wanted more then 1-2 more kids, we had to have them kind of close together since he really didn't want kids in his mid to late 50's. (I'd like 3-6 more kids)

I know I can get pregnant while breastfeeding. (done it twice now.) and I know I can breastfeed successfully with out drying up unless the kiddo weans during pregnancy... so i'm not worried about milk supply. 

My goal was to start regulating my period around 6 months PP - then consider adding fertility drugs around 8-9 months (since I also struggle from infertility, if it takes a year or two, I can't afford to wait if I want that many kids between my age and my husbands now.)

It took me almost 7 years for my first daughter, 2 1/2 years with my twins, and 4 months for Zoey (1 month if you only count the fertility meds + trigger shot attempt, otherwise I regulated my cycle for 3 months before we did it that way.)

So if I get past 9-10 months and am not ovulating/pregnant, then we'll go back to our original plan that got us pregnant with zoey. I'm more fertile while nursing, and since I can breastfeed successfully while pregnant, if I get pregnant close to Zoey being 1, I shouldn't have an issue continuing to nurse her as long as she wants after that.

Anyways, I know it's a few months off, but since my husband and I were talking about it last night, I figured i'd ask and put some notes away for a few weeks from now! LOL

And yes, I know it's crazy to be 5 days PP and planning our next baby. LOL

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Gina on Apr. 12, 2016 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Um, unless he's found the fountain of youth he's STILL going to have kids in his mid-50s. :-) Small ones are easy...it's the TEENAGERS that'll get ya!

I'm afraid I have no advice otherwise, but I wish you the best!

kajira
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 1:15 AM

Thanks. I know It's odd to be talking about it, but everything about zoey's pregnancy went so well and her delivery (despite the back labor) was perfect and he delivered her unassisted, that I just... it cemented my baby fever. So she's actually responsible for me wanting more!!! LOL

And my oldest is 12. So if you want to talk teenagers... (cringe) (I feel old saying I have a preteen now1! LOL)

I appreciate the support, I know a lot of people will think i'm a nutjob for wanting a big family and wanting to get pregnant right away, and nursing while pregnant.

But.... how can you not want another one when you make such cuuuute babies? :P

My husband nicknamed our preemie Klingon (because he always scrunches his face up.) and Zoey he's nicknamed is treasure troll.... LOL

IT's funny, just looking at them, seeing them all grown up at different stages... it just feels so right to know wewant more.... LOL I'm not sure there's any perfect timing for picking when trying to get pregnant, especially with infertility issues, but i'm hoping that maybe my body finally figured it out and it won't take forever.

Quoting gdiamante:

Um, unless he's found the fountain of youth he's STILL going to have kids in his mid-50s. :-) Small ones are easy...it's the TEENAGERS that'll get ya!

I'm afraid I have no advice otherwise, but I wish you the best!

melindabelcher
by mel on Apr. 12, 2016 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I've always just gone with the flow so I don't have any ideas.
About 18 months pp here and no AF.

Good luck
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 8:21 AM
I don't ovulate or get AF until the kids slow down on nursing
My son, AF came back at 17 months pp, I got pregnant at 18 months. I weaned him at 4 yrs old

My dd, she was 23 months and still no AF, so I had to night wean her
After 3 days of night weaning, AF showed up
It took us about 1 cycle to get pregnant
She is still day nursing
kajira
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 8:34 AM

that's great that it workslike that for you!

Quoting comptonkids: I don't ovulate or get AF until the kids slow down on nursing My son, AF came back at 17 months pp, I got pregnant at 18 months. I weaned him at 4 yrs old My dd, she was 23 months and still no AF, so I had to night wean her After 3 days of night weaning, AF showed up It took us about 1 cycle to get pregnant She is still day nursing

bananas2u
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
No advice. Just wanted to say your kids are beautiful :)
kajira
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! :)

Quoting bananas2u: No advice. Just wanted to say your kids are beautiful :)

Georgie2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't have any advice, but also don't think it's odd for you to be thinking about this. I am. I'm 40 and have a 15 (nearly 16) year old, a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 week old I've said is our last. My hubby is 47. As soon as I delivered this baby I felt that need for another, just like I did when I delivered our 2 1/2 year old. And that baby fever hasn't subsided yet.. At our ages though I'm concerned about increased risks for the child.

AF returned for me last time about 2 months pp, despite frequent nursing. I was still nursing DS2 day and night when DS3 was conceived. DS2 was about 20 months.
kajira
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, exactly, I think when you need to take in parental ages as a concern, it changes things a little bit. it's not like i'm 21 and have 20 years to have all my babies.

Quoting Georgie2: I don't have any advice, but also don't think it's odd for you to be thinking about this. I am. I'm 40 and have a 15 (nearly 16) year old, a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 week old I've said is our last. My hubby is 47. As soon as I delivered this baby I felt that need for another, just like I did when I delivered our 2 1/2 year old. And that baby fever hasn't subsided yet.. At our ages though I'm concerned about increased risks for the child. AF returned for me last time about 2 months pp, despite frequent nursing. I was still nursing DS2 day and night when DS3 was conceived. DS2 was about 20 months.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 12, 2016 at 4:21 PM
If I didn't have so many medical issues while pregnant, which gets more each baby, I would be already pregnant again. I love being pregnant despite the complications and love babies! I turned 40 in January and my dh will be 46 in June. My kids are 21, 12, 5 and 2. We have decided on no more babies as it's dangerous to my health.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)