Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2.5 yr old with lip tie

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:26 PM
  • 5 Replies

Mobile Photo

She nurses well and always has, but I've noticed she has some decay on the back of her top 2 teeth

I can't get a pic of it, I tried

I'm looking into ways to remineralize her teeth but I'm wondering if her tie doesn't have something to do with it?
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Dreagon_Magos
by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:45 PM
It can be an issue if she drinks a lot of sugar drinks juice etc. It'll trap up there more often especially if she doesn't get enough water. If she brushes regularly there and not so much sugar drinks its a non issue food doesn't usually get in those areas like sugar drinks.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely, and she most likely has a posterior ( deep ) tongue tie as well. Getting them revised will solve/prevent a number of issues.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Apr. 21, 2016 at 12:12 PM
There may be some skin attachment there, but it's not even close to where her teeth are.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Apr. 21, 2016 at 2:01 PM
I agree. The lip really appears to push up toward the nose pretty good aND the tissue isn't attached to the gums in any way that kept the teeth from growing together. It might be a normal frenulum. Lip ties usually cause cavities of the front of the two top teeth. Though I sure wouldn't rule out getting an evaluation for tongue tie.

Quoting Junebaby18: There may be some skin attachment there, but it's not even close to where her teeth are.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)