Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know all kids are different, but...

Posted by on May. 30, 2016 at 12:45 AM
  • 3 Replies
I never would have thought Karissa would wean this early
She is 2.5 and I'm 22 wks along
My son nursed all through her pregnancy and continued til I had enough and force weaned him at 4
I've limited the amt of time I let her stay on the bewb, but lately she barely even asks for it
We were down to mostly nap and bed, and she is more and more just wanting her back to be rubbed

Odds she will picky it back up once baby is born?? I want her to self wean and I feel like being pregnant has force weaned her
by on May. 30, 2016 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2016 at 8:48 AM
The only thing I would change if you can handle it is limiting her time at the breast when she does nurse. You can offer more. I don't like to think of pregnancy as "forced weaning"; if anything, it's a natural part of the process. Two and a half years is a good run. As I recall with my son, he slowed down considerably during the second half of my pregnancy, then picked back up after my daughter was born. He was a great help with the initial engorgement and overactive letdown / oversupply. Maybe it will be the same with your daughter.
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2016 at 10:05 AM
I hope so
My son also, was a huge help with my OAL, AND over supply

Quoting MusherMaggie: The only thing I would change if you can handle it is limiting her time at the breast when she does nurse. You can offer more. I don't like to think of pregnancy as "forced weaning"; if anything, it's a natural part of the process. Two and a half years is a good run. As I recall with my son, he slowed down considerably during the second half of my pregnancy, then picked back up after my daughter was born. He was a great help with the initial engorgement and overactive letdown / oversupply. Maybe it will be the same with your daughter.
Travelbugg
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2016 at 5:11 PM
That seems like a perfectly normal age to self wean.... Don't beat yourself up at all.
Side note---I read a book for a book group not too long ago about Benjamin Franklins sister. Non fiction and there was a part of the book she talked about her experiences breastfeeding and how the standard in her circle was the kids nursed 2-2.5 years then stopped and mom got pregnant again. Anyways...similar to your situation and it was 270 years ago!

Maybe she'll start up again, or maybe your Son was just an especially strong nurser.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)