Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 year old doesn't want to stop breastfeeding! 😳😔

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:11 PM
  • 11 Replies
Anyone else have tips to help wean? I mean it's now only to sleep that he breastfeeds, not during the day..
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:12 PM
I'm with you.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I let mine self-wean. They did so when they were ready, and are beautifully independent now.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
My youngest just turned 2 last month. She pretty much just nurses to bed at night and in the morning, maybe once during the day. Personally, I wouldn't wean until after cold and flu season. Way too many times nursing has kept my sick babies out of the hospital.

If you really were intent on weaning, the general recommendation is to drop one feed a week. I think your best bet would be getting lost at bedtime and having dad put the baby to sleep.
jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:48 PM
This.

And omg I can't belive your baby is already 2! Wow

Quoting mostlymaydays: My youngest just turned 2 last month. She pretty much just nurses to bed at night and in the morning, maybe once during the day. Personally, I wouldn't wean until after cold and flu season. Way too many times nursing has kept my sick babies out of the hospital.

If you really were intent on weaning, the general recommendation is to drop one feed a week. I think your best bet would be getting lost at bedtime and having dad put the baby to sleep.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:50 PM
I am still nursing an almost 2 year old. She nursed at nap time and bed time. I let my kids wean themselves.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is 2.5 and still nurses a lot during the day and a few times at night. I am going to use Dr. Jay Gordon's night weaning technique soon and work on transitioning to his own bed. I'll let him self wean but I'm tired and really hope he'll sleep through the night quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Munozivy
by New Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:15 PM
Yes true about flu season, I know he just does it for comfort. I guess we will see when he is ready. My other two seemed to have also weened themselves a little after one year. This little guy I guess is just too comfortable! Lol
goatmom4
by Member on Sep. 13, 2016 at 1:05 PM

at night start offering tippy cup and he will learn to trnsition then it will be easy for both of u

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Sep. 13, 2016 at 3:37 PM
Your older two actually weaned early. :-) Your baby now is actually closer to the natural age for weaning. The day will come. Ride out cols and flu season and then you can just stay really busy in the spring, and try the "don't ask, don't offer" method. If he can't catch you he can't nurse.

Quoting Munozivy: Yes true about flu season, I know he just does it for comfort. I guess we will see when he is ready. My other two seemed to have also weened themselves a little after one year. This little guy I guess is just too comfortable! Lol
Careeka22
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2016 at 9:46 PM
Same boat but worse. She nurses as soon as I get home from work. She demands it. Before bed and at night. Ive tried night weaning 5-6 times and fail bc even after a week plus she still screams all night. I'm ttc again and pray she weans. Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)