Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper rash

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
Baby is less than two weeks and has a sore butt.. My other two children NEVER had diaper rash.. Like literally once in their entire lives. She's not allergic to the diapers.. It literally seems like it's from her poop being so watery (it's only red around her butt hole, and she cries every time she poops) but she's a newborn sooo.... I haven't eaten anything spicy and I only have one glass of oj a day and the rest water...
Any ideas on what could be causing this?
She is exclusively breast fed.
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tuckermum
by Crysta on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:40 PM
What does her poop look like?
I'd put some coconut oil on it.
momama88
by Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:16 PM

do you eat another other than the oj thats acidic? My baby gets diaper rash like that if I eat a lot of tomatoes.

MamaNeeNee
by Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:19 PM
Normal mustardy yellow newborn poop.. I've been using butt paste

Quoting tuckermum: What does her poop look like?
I'd put some coconut oil on it.
MamaNeeNee
by Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:21 PM
Not that I can think of off hand... I have a very versatile diet so nothing is really regular.: grapes aren't acidic..that's the only thing I've been eating consistently

Quoting momama88:

do you eat another other than the oj thats acidic? My baby gets diaper rash like that if I eat a lot of tomatoes.

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
The orange juice could be causing it. Both of mine were sensitive that way in the early weeks. It didn't bother them later on.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Oct. 23, 2016 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this
My babies all had some butt burn from the constant pooping. They also had problems with commercial baby wipes so I made my own cloth wipes and used a mixture of water, coconut oil and a drop of baby soap. It might just be sensitive skin. But keep an eye out for a yeast rash and thrush.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Actually, grapes are acidic, just not as acidic as citrus.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Oct. 26, 2016 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Try just using a soft washcloth with warm water to gently wipe her off after each diaper change and put some coconut oil on before putting the next diaper on. It should clear up quickly as long as you're not dealing with yeast.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)