Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

period returning

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:23 PM
  • 9 Replies

When my son was breastfeeding I didnt have a period the entire time, it returned about a month after he weaned at 12 months and was totally normal.

My daughter is 10 months old and for the past month I've been spotting off and on, like I'll have brown spotting for 2 days then nothing the next few days. I've also had some cramping, I've been expecting my period to return fully by now but it hasnt. I took a pregnancy test because I was so paranoid with it being so weird, it came back negative. Does that sound like a normal period return after so long? 

by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 12:48 AM
It varies from woman to eoman, baby to baby. It is most likely the impending return of your cycle.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Oct. 23, 2016 at 1:54 AM
It could be what they sometimes call a "warning period" that happens right before your full blown cycle returns. Your body is trying to build up enough estrogen to cycle and you're probably *so close*. This just happened to me last month, and this month I got a rip roaring period
momama88
by Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 11:12 AM

thats kinda what I was thinking it was but the symptoms are so weird I wasn't sure. 

Quoting mostlymaydays: It could be what they sometimes call a "warning period" that happens right before your full blown cycle returns. Your body is trying to build up enough estrogen to cycle and you're probably *so close*. This just happened to me last month, and this month I got a rip roaring period

KylersMom8-16-7
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 2:02 PM
Lucky you, mine came back at 4 months pp while nursing. I pumped for my oldest two and it came back at 8 weeks pp.

It probably is just getting ready to start soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 2:06 PM
I had a very light period when my oldest was 9 months, and then nothing for another 3 or 4 months. I got my period back at 13 months with my second with no prior warning. My youngest is 15 months and no period yet. I'm dreading it's return. Lol.
momama88
by Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 10:10 PM

I'm dreading it too! 

Quoting ColieO: I had a very light period when my oldest was 9 months, and then nothing for another 3 or 4 months. I got my period back at 13 months with my second with no prior warning. My youngest is 15 months and no period yet. I'm dreading it's return. Lol.

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Oct. 23, 2016 at 10:57 PM
The 4 other times I had months of weird cramps and then a full blown horrible period. Only with my fifth did I start out with a light period before the big one hit. I made it to 25 months so I can't complain about that.

Quoting momama88:

thats kinda what I was thinking it was but the symptoms are so weird I wasn't sure. 

Quoting mostlymaydays: It could be what they sometimes call a "warning period" that happens right before your full blown cycle returns. Your body is trying to build up enough estrogen to cycle and you're probably *so close*. This just happened to me last month, and this month I got a rip roaring period

MistyMoo
by Member on Oct. 24, 2016 at 8:17 AM
I think I just got my first period a couple days ago 😭 baby is only 8 weeks old. I guess I'm just one of those unlucky women who get the periods back early. It was nice while it lasted lol
mamaofthree95
by Member on Oct. 26, 2016 at 8:47 PM
I'm going through the same thing! 14 mos pp.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)