• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pain during Nursing

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:18 AM
  • 3 Replies

My son is 13 months old. We still nurse often throughout the day and night. He had lip and tongue ties in the beginning, but they were revised at 6 days old. We have had no problems since then of pain during nursing (well, except when he bites, lol). 

Anyway, for the past couple of days, nursing has been a little painful. Nothing unbearable. But the longer I nurse, the worse it feels. He had a rough night last night--he fell asleep late, woke often, woke early, so therefore, he nursed more. And I was starting to dread nursing because it hurts. 

Like I said it's nothing unbearable. It's more like it stings. Each time I've checked his latch and relatched, but he still has a good latch. 

Has this happened to anyone before? 

I do have some PMS symptoms so maybe it's that? 

Please tell me this is temporary!

by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:42 AM
I would say pending return of menstrual cycle, but you should probably take a pregnancy test as well. Thrush may also be a possibility. Look up thrush on Kellymom.com and see if anything sounds familiar. If so, all the best remedies and procedures are listed in the article.
novella0708
by Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Thanks. It does sound like it could be thrush so I'll look into it. I've been taking a pregnancy test every Saturday just because I really have no idea. 

Quoting MusherMaggie: I would say pending return of menstrual cycle, but you should probably take a pregnancy test as well. Thrush may also be a possibility. Look up thrush on Kellymom.com and see if anything sounds familiar. If so, all the best remedies and procedures are listed in the article.

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Oct. 27, 2016 at 5:48 PM
I am getting ridiculous pain while nursing during ovulation. And I don't know if my supply dips a little and and she sucks harder or what because I also get a little blister at the same time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)