Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh. Update. New update pg 2 update 3 :)

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:09 PM
  • 32 Replies
I took ds back to the dr yesterday about his reflux and the Zantac not helping, and now they're wanting to do an ultrasound to check for pyloric stenosis. He gets that done on Sunday. I'm not sure what the next step is if he doesn't have that, but if he does he'll get referred to children's and have surgery to fix it. They said to keep up w the Zantac for now so that the puke won't be so acidic.
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:22 PM

I'm so sorry :( 

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:55 PM
Remind me, was he checked for ties?
marilyn623
by Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:25 PM
Yeah he had them fixed in August. They also didn't reattach. His spitting has gotten worse since then. At first I thought it was because he was getting more milk at a time but it's been a while now

Quoting MusherMaggie: Remind me, was he checked for ties?
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Please kerp us posted about his diagnosis and treatment. And know that your milk is the most healing thing he could have through all of this.
Smokeygirl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 1:52 AM
My daughter was given an ultrasound to rule out pyloric stenosis at one month old. It was slightly awkward for me (they did it while she was actively nursing) but it was pretty quick.

Luckily we determined it was just overactive letdown and oversupply in our case. I hope you have similar results. Good luck!
marilyn623
by Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 10:56 AM
Thank! I wasn't sure how they were going to do the ultrasound. He's really squirmy!
I just want to figure out what the deal is. He really shouldn't be as pukey as he is, and it's just getting worse w time instead of better.

Quoting Smokeygirl: My daughter was given an ultrasound to rule out pyloric stenosis at one month old. It was slightly awkward for me (they did it while she was actively nursing) but it was pretty quick.

Luckily we determined it was just overactive letdown and oversupply in our case. I hope you have similar results. Good luck!
marilyn623
by Member on Oct. 29, 2016 at 12:39 PM
Do you know if you're supposed to give them reflux meds before the ultrasound?

Quoting Smokeygirl: My daughter was given an ultrasound to rule out pyloric stenosis at one month old. It was slightly awkward for me (they did it while she was actively nursing) but it was pretty quick.

Smokeygirl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2016 at 1:57 PM
My daughter never had reflux meds. She was projectile vomiting after every feed and our ped sent us for the ultrasound first. We have an IBCLC certified ped.

Quoting marilyn623: Do you know if you're supposed to give them reflux meds before the ultrasound?

Stevensmomma
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2016 at 4:45 PM
Have you tried prevacid ?
marilyn623
by Member on Oct. 29, 2016 at 5:03 PM
No. I'm pretty frustrated w the Drs right now. He has a dr that's his primary that I REALLY like, he was my dr while I was pregnant, delivered him etc. but he's insanely booked out. Like 5 months.
I was able to get him an apt w a different dr at the office due to a cancellation on Wednesday. She just referred him for an ultrasound and follow up (with her) in a week. It seems like until now everyone just kinda blows me off and gives me the "well babies spit up" lecture. He's my 4th baby lol. I've dealt w my fair share of spit up. He's spitting up about every 20 min while he's awake. He's fine when he's sleeping.
I'm tempted to switch Drs but I do really like his regular one and he has his 9 month appointment with him. Idk what to do. And he has his follow up scheduled etc.

Quoting Stevensmomma: Have you tried prevacid ?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)