Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fever and breastfeeding?

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:54 PM
  • 5 Replies
Today I came home from work early because out of nowhere I started feeling really achey and could barely move. I came home starting drinking water , I can't get warm and took my trend which is now 102.7. Can I nurse still?
by on Nov. 1, 2016 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 1, 2016 at 11:03 PM
YES! Are you getting a cold or might you have mastitis? Either way, nurse. If you're getting sick, nursing is like an immediate vaccination with antibodies to the exact virus you're fighting so your baby develops immunity before getting the chance to get sick.

Are you having any pain or redness in your breast? Any other symptoms? How old is your baby?
NatureLover23
by New Member on Nov. 2, 2016 at 5:41 AM
I do think it is mastitis now. My fever is still here and my body hurts so much. And now I see my breast is really red but I nursed and it feels better. It's honestly my body that hurts more than my breast

Quoting mostlymaydays: YES! Are you getting a cold or might you have mastitis? Either way, nurse. If you're getting sick, nursing is like an immediate vaccination with antibodies to the exact virus you're fighting so your baby develops immunity before getting the chance to get sick.

Are you having any pain or redness in your breast? Any other symptoms? How old is your baby?
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 2, 2016 at 7:16 AM
Call your OB or family Dr asap and get antibiotics. Lots of water and rest. And most importantly keep nursing; keep the milk flowing. Also take probiotics and probably probiotics for the baby so you both don't end up with yeast/thrush.

Quoting NatureLover23: I do think it is mastitis now. My fever is still here and my body hurts so much. And now I see my breast is really red but I nursed and it feels better. It's honestly my body that hurts more than my breast

Quoting mostlymaydays: YES! Are you getting a cold or might you have mastitis? Either way, nurse. If you're getting sick, nursing is like an immediate vaccination with antibodies to the exact virus you're fighting so your baby develops immunity before getting the chance to get sick.

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2016 at 7:46 AM
Absolutely. Your milk will make antibodies to whatever you've caught to help protect your baby. Drink extra fluid, get in bad with your baby and nurse away!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)