Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Told no, tears for mom

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:35 AM
  • 4 Replies

we hit 17 months and I have been told no milk a few times.  She wanted water for her drink of choice.  We have water always available.but she has always nursed to sleep for nap and bed.  

it tugged at my heart.  Our nursing relationship may be coming to an end sooner than I was hoping.  Time will tell.  Those no moments I had tears.  Any moms realize their time may be ending sooner than planned?

if she goes on to ending or slowing how can I keep supply up enough for Black Friday when I'll be taking care of my cousins kids including her nurse in son 10 months refuses cup which is why I'm watching the kids.

by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:06 AM
My youngest went through that phase. She is 2 and still nursing.
audmom1218
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:13 AM
Linus is 19 months and just got over that phase. I had to push to get 3 nursing sessions a day. Now he's up to 5 or 6 again
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:52 AM
We went through that too. It could be she is too busy or teething, or developmental milestones, or the beginning of weaning. Some babies decide that they aren't ready to wean and will pick it up again, and some will decide they are done.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:15 PM
At that age, nursing patterns can vary tremendously day to day. Look up galactagogues on Kellymom.com for some simple foods that will build supply. Try pumping or hand expressing, even if you don't get anything the first few tries. It will still provide some stimulus.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)