Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know this might be a little far fetched

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:27 PM
  • 14 Replies
I was thinking today about all the women who have been on the news lately that have been bashed for breast feeding in public . We should not feel ashamed of it nor should we be embarrassed why ? Because this is all natural ! Y'all know the deal with that however there are woman who can't breast feed due to breast cancer I'm sure there are many woman who wish they could've ! Some woman with breast cancer I'm sure would love to see more woman breast feeding due to it help benefitting people from the risk of it ! I've seen many pictures of woman who's had breast cancer and if they're strong enough to look at there boobies and say I'm still beautiful then so should everyone else we should embrace it more and I personally think during breast cancer awareness month we all breast feeding mothers should post pictures or even hold a little rally supporting breast cancer by breast feeding in public ! I really want to speak to my Wic office about it and see if there are people who would be willing ! Do you guys think this is a good idea ? And please understand if you have breast cancer this is not meant to offend you and if I did in deeply sorry breast cancer runs in my family I thought you guys would like this
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChefLoveMomma
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:33 PM
I honestly don't see how this would be supportive of women with breast cancer, just a pro-breastfeeding in public agenda. If anything I think it's a little insensitive to women who can't breastfeed do to breast cancer. Breast cancer awareness month was October BTW.
Jemprincess
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 2:47 PM
I know it was last month . I also understand that it is pro breast feeding however making this post I made it a point to ask because I want other people's views on it and who know someone with breast cancer could potentially like this.I do appreciate your comment . I really don't want to try to follow through with something that would offened woman with breast cancer . I like that you're blunt .

Quoting ChefLoveMomma: I honestly don't see how this would be supportive of women with breast cancer, just a pro-breastfeeding in public agenda. If anything I think it's a little insensitive to women who can't breastfeed do to breast cancer. Breast cancer awareness month was October BTW.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:17 PM
Most breast cancer groups do not want to even acknowledge the connection between breastfeeding and reduced cancer rates because they don't want to make breast cancer patients feel even worse about something they can't change. Makes me crazy. When Susan g Komen, the Cleveland Clinic, any of those groups list "ways to reduce your risk of breast cancer", they never list breastfeeding.
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:32 PM
Maybe you could flip your idea. 😊 For national breastfeeding month post pink pictures, or pictures with pink ribbons to emphasize breast cancer and one way to reduce the risk? Maybe that wouldn't be offensive??

Not sure. Just another idea.
audmom1218
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:36 PM
As the granddaughter of a breast cancer survivor I don't like the idea at all. kind of rubbing salt in an open wound. That said I have participated in "latch on" events for breastfeeding awareness month where the proceeds went to the local cancer center. (Photo session for $15 with you and your nursling(s), not for social media just for your own keepsake)
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:40 PM
In a word, no. I don't think this would help either cause.
Jemprincess
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:06 PM
Thank you I like it !

Quoting micheledo: Maybe you could flip your idea. 😊 For national breastfeeding month post pink pictures, or pictures with pink ribbons to emphasize breast cancer and one way to reduce the risk? Maybe that wouldn't be offensive??

Jemprincess
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:14 PM
If this means any thing to you at all I am very sorry to upset you . I genuinely thought it would be a nice idea but I value your opionion more than any one else who's posted on this . I like the other woman's idea simply a breast feeding awareness month . If it is possible to take this post back down I would very much like to know how also I do hope you have a good rest of your day

Quoting audmom1218: As the granddaughter of a breast cancer survivor I don't like the idea at all. kind of rubbing salt in an open wound. That said I have participated in "latch on" events for breastfeeding awareness month where the proceeds went to the local cancer center. (Photo session for $15 with you and your nursling(s), not for social media just for your own keepsake)
audmom1218
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 7:28 PM
Oh it doesn't upset me to discuss as an idea but if I were to see something like this on say Facebook or something I would likely cringe. I like the spirit but the execution is a bit insensitive.

Quoting Jemprincess: If this means any thing to you at all I am very sorry to upset you . I genuinely thought it would be a nice idea but I value your opionion more than any one else who's posted on this . I like the other woman's idea simply a breast feeding awareness month . If it is possible to take this post back down I would very much like to know how also I do hope you have a good rest of your day

Quoting audmom1218: As the granddaughter of a breast cancer survivor I don't like the idea at all. kind of rubbing salt in an open wound. That said I have participated in "latch on" events for breastfeeding awareness month where the proceeds went to the local cancer center. (Photo session for $15 with you and your nursling(s), not for social media just for your own keepsake)
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I like this idea, too. It would help people who are at the beginning of the journey, at the stage where their actions can affect the the future. Perhaps once people are dealing with breast cancer, they don't feel any better hearing how breastfeeding could have helped reduce their risk.

Quoting Jemprincess: Thank you I like it !

Quoting micheledo: Maybe you could flip your idea. 😊 For national breastfeeding month post pink pictures, or pictures with pink ribbons to emphasize breast cancer and one way to reduce the risk? Maybe that wouldn't be offensive??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)