Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Randomly exhausted?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:22 PM
  • 9 Replies
I've been breastfeeding my 10 month old daughter since day one. I tend to get tired if I don't eat enough, but the last few weeks I keep randomly getting jusy exhausted in the afternoon. It happens almost every day now even if I make sure I get plenty of protein and have snacks to prevent blood sugar drops...anyone have advice to prevent this? Or an idea what it might be? I eat pretty well, drink enough, sleep not great but ok, take a multivitamin...I'm sick of feeling like this!
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
.Blondie.
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 4:47 PM
Pregnant?
alkakfnxcpoem
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:30 PM
Most likely not. Still haven't had a period and I'm on the mini pill. I suppose I should test just to make sure though.

Quoting .Blondie.: Pregnant?
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 5:42 PM
Could be many things. I would start with a pregnancy test, blood work to check for anemia, and a thyroid panel.
AutasticMomx2
by on Nov. 12, 2016 at 11:42 AM
Double check water intake, iron, fat intake, and overall caloric intake. All this can affect you. Also consider a vit d supplement for yourself. This time of year our vit d levels take a hit and that can cause major exhaustion.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Member on Nov. 12, 2016 at 1:23 PM
You're probably right with the vitamin d now that I think of it. I live in New England so the sun isn't out much anymore!

Quoting AutasticMomx2: Double check water intake, iron, fat intake, and overall caloric intake. All this can affect you. Also consider a vit d supplement for yourself. This time of year our vit d levels take a hit and that can cause major exhaustion.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 12, 2016 at 4:51 PM
I've found that D helps. And I drink these Zipp fizz drinks that are mostly B vitamins, that seems to help on the afternoon when I can't drink anymore coffee of I plan to sleep that night. I need to get all those levels tested like mushermaggie said. :-/

Quoting alkakfnxcpoem: You're probably right with the vitamin d now that I think of it. I live in New England so the sun isn't out much anymore!

Quoting AutasticMomx2: Double check water intake, iron, fat intake, and overall caloric intake. All this can affect you. Also consider a vit d supplement for yourself. This time of year our vit d levels take a hit and that can cause major exhaustion.
jjchick75
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2016 at 4:58 PM
I conceived twins before my period returned, while on the mini pill, and using condoms. I would definitely test just to be on the safe side.

Quoting alkakfnxcpoem: Most likely not. Still haven't had a period and I'm on the mini pill. I suppose I should test just to make sure though.

alkakfnxcpoem
by Member on Nov. 13, 2016 at 10:22 AM
Took one yesterday morning and it was negative! Not ready to be pregnant again yet lol.

Quoting jjchick75: I conceived twins before my period returned, while on the mini pill, and using condoms. I would definitely test just to be on the safe side.

Quoting alkakfnxcpoem: Most likely not. Still haven't had a period and I'm on the mini pill. I suppose I should test just to make sure though.

.Blondie.
by Member on Nov. 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM
😱😱

Quoting jjchick75: I conceived twins before my period returned, while on the mini pill, and using condoms. I would definitely test just to be on the safe side.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)