Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weaned nursing wanoting back on bewb

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:20 PM
  • 5 Replies
I force Weaned my 5 yr old, last year after he turned 4

He would off and on ask for 'boobies' and if he got really hurt, I occasionally would let him try

Well, this past week he has really been saying how much he misses boobies and that he wishes he was a baby so he could have boobies
Doing a lot of snuggling and needing a lot of hugs and kisses

I asked him if he even remembered HOW to nurse and he says he does

Would he?
I'm already nursing 2 ( my newbie born Oct 3, and my soon to be 3 yr old)

Sometimes I feel like I could be okay with the occasional nursing by him, most times I think he is 5 and he needs to stop already

To be clear, he doesn't currently nurse, but has been saying he would like to

Thoughts? Suggestions?
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:35 PM
It's your call. You could let him try, he may or may not have the mechanics down anymore. He might just be testing you to see if you would say yes. It never tandemed and am usually way touched out around 3 years so you're past what I think I'd be able to successfully manage. You can always let him try and then decide if you want to really be done or not. You can always close that door again. :-)
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:44 PM
Yes, your call. He might or might not remember how.
AutasticMomx2
by on Nov. 12, 2016 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
My 6 year old did this even though I hardly breastfed him at all. I think it's more of a wanting what the sibling has than actual need. I just reminded him that breastmilk is for babies and toddlers and big kid food is for him. And we did lots of cuddles. It's your call though.
audmom1218
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2016 at 4:12 PM
Dd will be 5 in December. She still asks. I let her try but she can't get anything. It's usually only once or twice s month.
gdiamante
by Gina on Nov. 14, 2016 at 1:59 AM

He probably doesn't remember how, but will tell you yes anyway. What I've observed is that HAVING is never as satisfying as WANTING. Let him try. Bet he looks at you funny, walks away and NEVER asks again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)