Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Push back with weaning.....

Posted by on May. 26, 2017 at 8:56 AM
  • 4 Replies
Ok, so I posted last week how I needed suggestions on weaning my almost 4 yr old. Well, we are doing the nursing before bed adn when she wakes up while limiting it to a song. She did ok a few times and now is so frustrated. These past few days she has really been acting out. I am in tears aND the whole family is frustrated. Now I am not sure what to do. My main goal is to make not harm out relationship and do what is best, and honestly I'm not sure what the answer is anymore. I am having some health issues, I'm not sure what is going on, nursing probably doesn't effect that, but I know that my hormones are off which makes me even more irritable and touched out. At the same time, I miss nursing her. We both miss it and I wasn't originally going to wean her before she was done, but I need to be sure that we are both respected during our nursing time, and many times she has thrown fits when I say almost done for that session, or whatever it may be. So, I can't continue to add on more stress for the both of us. So, I may have to just call it quits, but it makes me so sad! I'm really going to miss it, but maybe feel relieved, and I know she will be so sad about it too. It makes me cry just thinking about it :*(
by on May. 26, 2017 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2017 at 7:57 PM
Can someone else do the night time routine for a few days while you leave the house?
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on May. 26, 2017 at 10:01 PM
That happened last night! It made the night easier for us all, but during the day she has been acting up significantly more this week. It's really been effecting the entire family. I'm trying to nip this bad behavoir in the butt. I assume it's frustration with not nursing, or else it's a coincidence

Quoting MusherMaggie: Can someone else do the night time routine for a few days while you leave the house?
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2017 at 4:32 AM
This is where you have to get creative with other activities. Something has to be substituted for the nursing. It's also a matter of rewarding the good behavior. If she tantrums, be sure she's in a safe spot, then step away from her, out of sight if possible. It's good for her to learn limits.
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on May. 27, 2017 at 7:19 PM
Today was actually a good day so far. She has been involved in helping me with projects, which helps. She hasn't nursed since yesterday morning! I think we do need to keep her busy guess between activities and projects because when we all have something we are doing and she doesnt, that's when she gets in trouble.

Quoting MusherMaggie: This is where you have to get creative with other activities. Something has to be substituted for the nursing. It's also a matter of rewarding the good behavior. If she tantrums, be sure she's in a safe spot, then step away from her, out of sight if possible. It's good for her to learn limits.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)