Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep time Woes

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:07 PM
  • 1 Replies
I have a bit of a dilemma that I was wondering kf anyone had tips or suggestions for.

Ds#2 (15 months) still nurses. While I nurse him before naps and bedtime, he doesn't fall asleep. I keep the lights on while I nurse him. When he is finished, i turn off the lights and rock him for a few minutes.

Ds#2 does have trouble going to sleep on his own. Still wakes up at least 1 time per night. And will wake up randomly at nap upset but will go back to sleep if you nurse him.

Dh puts ds#2 to bed on the weekend since i work. But ds#2 won't take pumped milk (not in a bottle or a cup). He was taking it mixed in with a smoothie but he has been refusing lately. So we have recently stopped giving it to him. Dh says it takes ds#2 a long time to stop crying and go to bed.

Is there anything we can do to make bedtime easier?
by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 2:15 AM
Offer to nurse a bit more when you are with him. At night, set up a calming routine. Bath, teeth brushed, story. Dim or turn the lights off to nurse. Don't turn the lights on when he wakes up at night, just nurse him back down. Many babies start to do to sleep easier and sleep through the night atound 18-24 months. Sleep is a developmental milestone that is actually unrelated to the feeding method. It happens when the vhild is developmentally ready to do so.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)