Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weaning stubborn 3.5 year old, help please!

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:52 PM
  • 2 Replies
My son is 3.5 and had become really possessive of my boobs. If he doesn't get boob he throws a fit.

I have been trying to get him to sleep in his own bed for over a year. I always nurse him to sleep then put him in his bed but in 1-5 hours he's in my bed.

He will stay in bed if I'm not home. He will nurse for hours at night which he had stopped doing around 2 but started again at 3. He switches back and forth, crawling over me. I sleep horribly. Last night we tried for 3 hours to get him to stay in his bed, I even nursed him again to see if he would settle and 2 hours later he was in my bed out of pure desperation.

I have been on 3-6 day trips, going he would lose some interest by the time I got back, but it was like I never left.

I am ready to be done, he turns 4 January 6th and I really want to be done by then.

I am desperate for any tips from moms who have had reluctant, stubborn, or demanding weaner!
by on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 9:44 AM
Here is a link that explains the whole procedure far better than I could. Many mothers in this forum have done this.
http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Stevensmomma
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2017 at 3:44 PM
I am not sure here’s a bump my ds turned 2 in September and still nurses he’s my longest one so far honestly i hope he self weans soon but I don’t want to force him kwim.

Ok so update here on my reply

What i have been doing is cutting the duration of the feedings then cut one feeding out at a time. I am down to three feedings now and would like to be done in the next five months completely he also throws a fit when he doesnt get it but hes two so it might be his age.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)