Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding and TTC

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2017 at 2:12 PM
  • 15 Replies

MyDD is 20 months and still bfing A LOT. She cosleeps and is still up every 30 minutes to 3 hours to nurse back to sleep. We are TTC, on our 4th cycle, looking like we'll be going on to our 5th. I have had my cycle back since 10 months PP. I am regular, every 28-32 days. I get positive ovulation tests every month, but I don't track my BBT. Is it possible to not be able to concieve while still nursing? I don't really want to wean, though I wouldn't mind cutting back. She is a monster, lol! I want another baby so badly so I just wanted to check others experience and see if this could possibly be the reason why it's not happening yet. Thanks! 

by on Oct. 21, 2017 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stetsons-mommy
by Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 2:31 PM
It is totally possible to conceive while nursing. I'm 26 weeks pregnant and my little boy was nursing and we were using contriceptives. Once you cut back I bet it will happen in no time.
LibraBalance
by Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 2:53 PM
I know it's possible just didn't know if it could also hinder conception. I don't think she'll ever cut back 😂😂 I see no end in sight, unfortunately. Congrats on the baby to be!

Quoting Stetsons-mommy: It is totally possible to conceive while nursing. I'm 26 weeks pregnant and my little boy was nursing and we were using contriceptives. Once you cut back I bet it will happen in no time.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 7:41 PM
You might want to look at "Changing Patterns in the Family Bed" at drjaygordon.com. Offer more solid food during the day. If you are bed sharing, try transitioning her to a kindergarten cot beside your bed.
LibraBalance
by Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 7:45 PM
I read it. We haven't attempted the full thing yet bc I cherish the little sleep I get while working full time and in school, lol. She won't do a bed in our room. I've tried. She eats well. I know she isn't hungry at night but she wakes up screaming, nurses, and *usually* goes back to sleep. Can frequent nursing hinder conception even with a normal cycle? That's my main question. 😊

Quoting MusherMaggie: You might want to look at "Changing Patterns in the Family Bed" at drjaygordon.com. Offer more solid food during the day. If you are bed sharing, try transitioning her to a kindergarten cot beside your bed.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 7:54 PM
Quoting LibraBalance: I read it. We haven't attempted the full thing yet bc I cherish the little sleep I get while working full time and in school, lol. She won't do a bed in our room. I've tried. She eats well. I know she isn't hungry at night but she wakes up screaming, nurses, and *usually* goes back to sleep. Can frequent nursing hinder conception even with a normal cycle? That's my main question. 😊

Quoting MusherMaggie: You might want to look at "Changing Patterns in the Family Bed" at drjaygordon.com. Offer more solid food during the day. If you are bed sharing, try transitioning her to a kindergarten cot beside your bed.

It's possible. Are you ovulating in the same place in your cycle each time?

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

LibraBalance
by Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 7:56 PM

Mobile Photo

Fairly regular and pretty similar to my prepregnancy charts. Dec 16' was my first PP cycle. 😔 Ttc is hard enough I really don't want to have to cut back nursing her. I am pretty sure it just won't work lol

Quoting MusherMaggie:
Quoting LibraBalance: I read it. We haven't attempted the full thing yet bc I cherish the little sleep I get while working full time and in school, lol. She won't do a bed in our room. I've tried. She eats well. I know she isn't hungry at night but she wakes up screaming, nurses, and *usually* goes back to sleep. Can frequent nursing hinder conception even with a normal cycle? That's my main question. �

It's possible. Are you ovulating in the same place in your cycle each time?
Stetsons-mommy
by Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 9:08 PM
Lol I didn't think my son would ever cut back either!

Quoting LibraBalance: I know it's possible just didn't know if it could also hinder conception. I don't think she'll ever cut back 😂😂 I see no end in sight, unfortunately. Congrats on the baby to be!

Quoting Stetsons-mommy: It is totally possible to conceive while nursing. I'm 26 weeks pregnant and my little boy was nursing and we were using contriceptives. Once you cut back I bet it will happen in no time.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 6:29 AM
You're still ovulating a bit late in your cycle, and your luteal phase is just beginning to settle into place. I think you'll see some changes in her nursing patterns in the next couple of months. You may also want to look up Vitex, also known as agnus castix or chasteberry. That's what helped me conceive the second time.
LibraBalance
by Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 7:08 AM
Yeah, I've ovulated late even while ttc our second. Stupid long cycles. Makes Ttc more annoying lol. Thank you. I'll check it out.

Quoting MusherMaggie: You're still ovulating a bit late in your cycle, and your luteal phase is just beginning to settle into place. I think you'll see some changes in her nursing patterns in the next couple of months. You may also want to look up Vitex, also known as agnus castix or chasteberry. That's what helped me conceive the second time.
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 5:29 PM
11-10 days is almost too short of a LP. If you’re just going by OPKs, it might be even shorter. I’m delightfully different 🙄 and ovulate 3 days after a positive, which is far outside the range of the typical 12-36 hours. I’d try charting at least one cycle and see if you’re a bit more unique
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)