Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding and pregnant

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2017 at 9:19 AM
  • 15 Replies
I just found out i was pregnant. I have a 19 month old and she still nurses.
Do i need to stop nursing?
I actually strongly dislike nursing it has given me horrible migraines. So I will nor be nursing the baby.
With that being said how do i wien the 19month old. She very attached to mommy milk. She eats really good and loves cow milk.
I need tips on how to get get off!!
by on Nov. 10, 2017 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Madeyemoody
by on Nov. 10, 2017 at 9:24 AM
I hated nursing too and actually quit after a few days. It was be completely miserable and continue to nurse and resent my baby or formula feed and be able to bond and not resent my baby so I just made the switch so there was no weening. I guess you could try going cold turkey and just offering her something else when she asks?
Emmyjoy88
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2017 at 9:34 AM
I started hating it a few months after she started. I am very big chested so i can't nurse just anywhere and everywhere. I can't get things done bc I'm tied to a chair and baby. And like i said made me very sick.
I am like you i want to enjoy my baby.

Quoting Madeyemoody: I hated nursing too and actually quit after a few days. It was be completely miserable and continue to nurse and resent my baby or formula feed and be able to bond and not resent my baby so I just made the switch so there was no weening. I guess you could try going cold turkey and just offering her something else when she asks?
Madeyemoody
by on Nov. 10, 2017 at 9:40 AM
That’s why I’m glad I stopped when I did, like you my chest is large and I would not have been comfortable breastfeeding around my kids and family let alone out in public and the cover was just a PITA! I didn’t like being stuck sitting there nursing. My husband was so amazing, he realized how negatively it was impacting me and went out and bought formula and bottles at 3 am! He took the baby from me and fed her a bottle and I was just thrilled that I could finally sleep! He took care of her all night that night. The next day I was like a new woman! I actually wanted to be around my baby and didn’t feel dread when she cried to be fed. Formula was seriously like a gift from god lol!

Quoting Emmyjoy88: I started hating it a few months after she started. I am very big chested so i can't nurse just anywhere and everywhere. I can't get things done bc I'm tied to a chair and baby. And like i said made me very sick.

Quoting Madeyemoody: I hated nursing too and actually quit after a few days. It was be completely miserable and continue to nurse and resent my baby or formula feed and be able to bond and not resent my baby so I just made the switch so there was no weening. I guess you could try going cold turkey and just offering her something else when she asks?
Emmyjoy88
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2017 at 9:57 AM
Well thank you for making me feel better about that. That's what my hubby did with dd number1. I couldn't get her top nurse and i bawled abs said she hated me and my hubby had enough and went and got formula and bottles. So ya.
Someone made formula and bottles for a reason.lol

Quoting Madeyemoody: That’s why I’m glad I stopped when I did, like you my chest is large and I would not have been comfortable breastfeeding around my kids and family let alone out in public and the cover was just a PITA! I didn’t like being stuck sitting there nursing. My husband was so amazing, he realized how negatively it was impacting me and went out and bought formula and bottles at 3 am! He took the baby from me and fed her a bottle and I was just thrilled that I could finally sleep! He took care of her all night that night. The next day I was like a new woman! I actually wanted to be around my baby and didn’t feel dread when she cried to be fed. Formula was seriously like a gift from god lol!

Quoting Emmyjoy88: I started hating it a few months after she started. I am very big chested so i can't nurse just anywhere and everywhere. I can't get things done bc I'm tied to a chair and baby. And like i said made me very sick.

Madeyemoody
by on Nov. 10, 2017 at 10:05 AM
Lol yes to save our sanity! God bless that wonderful person! If you truly don’t like breastfeeding, do not let anyone guilt you into doing it with the whole oh breast is best, you’re a mom so you have to make sacrifices blah blah blah. No, feed your baby how you see fit and be happy because happy mom equals happy baby! And let’s face it, happy baby means happy household altogether lol! Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy!

Quoting Emmyjoy88: Well thank you for making me feel better about that. That's what my hubby did with dd number1. I couldn't get her top nurse and i bawled abs said she hated me and my hubby had enough and went and got formula and bottles. So ya.

Quoting Madeyemoody: That’s why I’m glad I stopped when I did, like you my chest is large and I would not have been comfortable breastfeeding around my kids and family let alone out in public and the cover was just a PITA! I didn’t like being stuck sitting there nursing. My husband was so amazing, he realized how negatively it was impacting me and went out and bought formula and bottles at 3 am! He took the baby from me and fed her a bottle and I was just thrilled that I could finally sleep! He took care of her all night that night. The next day I was like a new woman! I actually wanted to be around my baby and didn’t feel dread when she cried to be fed. Formula was seriously like a gift from god lol!

Emmyjoy88
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2017 at 10:11 AM
Thank you very much. We were very shocked shot this pregnancy. Lol. Have a great day.

Quoting Madeyemoody: Lol yes to save our sanity! God bless that wonderful person! If you truly don’t like breastfeeding, do not let anyone guilt you into doing it with the whole oh breast is best, you’re a mom so you have to make sacrifices blah blah blah. No, feed your baby how you see fit and be happy because happy mom equals happy baby! And let’s face it, happy baby means happy household altogether lol! Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy!

Quoting Emmyjoy88: Well thank you for making me feel better about that. That's what my hubby did with dd number1. I couldn't get her top nurse and i bawled abs said she hated me and my hubby had enough and went and got formula and bottles. So ya.

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2017 at 12:22 PM
I nursed through a pregnancy. There were moments I wanted to stop. But he has a dairy allergy and I kept going. I’m glad I did. Especially when he somehow got a virus and would only nurse.
Emmyjoy88
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2017 at 12:27 PM
Oh I'm sorry dairy allergy is hard. My friends little boy is the same way.
I have heard bad things about nursing while pregnant. Like your teeth get lose and sensitive.

Quoting Mom2Just1: I nursed through a pregnancy. There were moments I wanted to stop. But he has a dairy allergy and I kept going. I’m glad I did. Especially when he somehow got a virus and would only nurse.
Stetsons-mommy
by Member on Nov. 10, 2017 at 12:58 PM
I have a 2 year old who is boob obsessed and I'm 29 weeks pregnant. We nursed till about a month ago. I just started cutting one feeding at a time. Cold turkey is hard. There is nothing wrong with nursing while pregnant as long as you don't have a history of preterm labor. That is what my ob told me.
Emmyjoy88
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2017 at 1:26 PM
I understand she is very boobed attached. Thats why im like what do i do. Lol
I will not be nursing the next one

Quoting Stetsons-mommy: I have a 2 year old who is boob obsessed and I'm 29 weeks pregnant. We nursed till about a month ago. I just started cutting one feeding at a time. Cold turkey is hard. There is nothing wrong with nursing while pregnant as long as you don't have a history of preterm labor. That is what my ob told me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)