Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast pump question.

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:18 PM
  • 3 Replies
Does anyone know anything about the bellema breast pump? Apparently it is the only one my insurance will cover and I have never even heard of it. Any info would be great ladies! Thank you!
by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:50 PM
It is a closed system, which would definitely be in its favor. I would contact them at BelleMa.com with questions. Will you need it for returning to work or school, or just for occasional pumping sessions?
Stetsons-mommy
by Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 12:55 PM
Just for occasional pumping sessions. When I had my son I used the one I had then to keep my supply up because I had trouble in the beginning. After we got everything figured out I exculsively breastfed him for a little over 2 years. But the pump was a life saver in the beginning.

Quoting MusherMaggie: It is a closed system, which would definitely be in its favor. I would contact them at BelleMa.com with questions. Will you need it for returning to work or school, or just for occasional pumping sessions?
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2017 at 4:16 PM
It seems like it would be fine, then.

I would urge you to read posts here and on Kellymom.com. Two books: "So That's What They're For " by Janet Tamaro and "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding " from La Leche League. Go to LLLI.org and see if there is a group that meets near you. Meetings are free and it helps to see other mothers nursing in real life. Have a look at the post on lip and tongue ties in our FAQ section. Ties are common, and can cause breastfeeding issues but are easily diagnosed and revised by a properly trained pediatric dentist or ENT. Also look up overactive letdown and oversupply on Kellymom.com. This, too is easily managed once you recognize it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)