Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfed babies are so smart

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 10:48 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

One of my favorite things to do is scoop up my sleeping baby and nurse them. They are so stinking smart they latch on flawlessly in their sleep nurse vigorously all while sleeping and stop when they are done.

This is super effective in the early weeks after latch has been established. If you think it's been too long or you are feeling full just nurse your sleeping baby. Either they wake up extremely happy because they are eating or they don't get woken up by a hungry belly. I do this before I go to bed. I scoop up my sweet boy in his sleep he latches right on and nurses in his sleep until he's full I put him back in his RNP next to me and I get a great night sleep and he does too. It's fantastic.

I love how breastfed babies know their bodies and can tell when they are full the whole process of not only growing life and giving birth but then to sustain that life you created is such an empowering experience.

Enjoy snuggling up those beautiful little nurselings ladies. my little guy is 6 months old and baby number 6 and each journey is so special.
by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 12:30 PM
Indeed!
Firstcamelove
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 3:21 AM
I did this with my first born, he wouldn’t even miss a beat sleeping 😊 Now my second baby... haha! That child would sleep through a tornado!! Lol He cannot sleep nurse for the life of him! Seriously. I shake his arm, tap his butt, talk to him, try and open his mouth and put nipple in. NOTHING. 😂 So I have to resort to pumping if he doesn’t wake up soon enough for me. Silly goofball.
Umi12
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:00 AM
Great idea :) gorgeous baby!
Mammacra
by Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:22 PM
Oh noooo sleep nursing is life for us! 😭😭😭

Quoting Firstcamelove: I did this with my first born, he wouldn’t even miss a beat sleeping 😊 Now my second baby... haha! That child would sleep through a tornado!! Lol He cannot sleep nurse for the life of him! Seriously. I shake his arm, tap his butt, talk to him, try and open his mouth and put nipple in. NOTHING. 😂 So I have to resort to pumping if he doesn’t wake up soon enough for me. Silly goofball.
Mammacra
by Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:26 PM

Mobile Photo

Thank you I'm a bit obsessed. I seriously was not at all excited to have another boy when I was pregnant but he's sooo good and he is the sweetest nurser I can't help but adore him.

Quoting Umi12: Great idea :) gorgeous baby!
Stevensmomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 7:03 PM
Beautiful blue eyes he has !!
Mammacra
by Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:06 PM
Thank you!

Quoting Stevensmomma: Beautiful blue eyes he has !!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)