Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Irregular period freaking out

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2017 at 9:13 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi I had my baby just over 2 months ago. After stopping the bleeding from birth, I had a regular period around November 29th. I was expecting my next period to start and I spotted for the last few days but now it's stopped and there's no regular flow. I'm freaking out thinking I could be pregnant again already. Is this normal? I read it was normal to have irregular periods while breastfeeding,but I never skipped before when I was breastfeeding my first baby. I'm exclusively breast feeding this baby. I just spotted for 3 days and now nothing. 

by on Dec. 27, 2017 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 9:39 AM
It can be normal. Wait a couple of weeks and test, then let us know. Are you breastfeeding on demand, around the clock, with no pacifiers or supplements?

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

coco1985566
by Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 9:46 AM
Yes, but I also pump and my baby sitter bottle feeds her. It was around the time I went back to work (part time) that my period came. It was also like the day after my 6 week post partum visit. She poked me up there.

Quoting MusherMaggie: It can be normal. Wait a couple of weeks and test, then let us know. Are you breastfeeding on demand, around the clock, with no pacifiers or supplements?
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 11:40 AM
You might have a breakthrough since you are pumping. Can you pump more often while you are away? Return of fertility is a risk you face if you are not with her full time.
coco1985566
by Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 2:05 PM
Does breakthrough bleeding count as a period? Maybe it was not a period the first time. That is what I'm hoping. I will try pumping more often. I only work about 4 hours a day and it's broken up into 2 hour shifts. But i do miss my little one when I'm gone even for those few hours a day.

Quoting MusherMaggie: You might have a breakthrough since you are pumping. Can you pump more often while you are away? Return of fertility is a risk you face if you are not with her full time.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2017 at 8:12 PM
Odds are, it was anovulatory. But you should still probably test in a couple of weeks. Do you pump at least once every day, working or not?
coco1985566
by Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 9:27 AM
Ok. No I just pump on the day's I'm working. I did pump some over Christmas though because I was running low on extra milk.
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 10:19 AM
Try to pump first thing every morning before, during or after the first morning feeding, workdays and off days.
coco1985566
by Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 11:59 PM
Okay I will do that. I would get lazy some days and not pump too. I will try to make a habit of it. Thank you :) Have a good weekend.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Try to pump first thing every morning before, during or after the first morning feeding, workdays and off days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)