Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Distracted While Nursing

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 9:41 AM
  • 9 Replies
Hi ladies. I was hoping you would have some tips for me.

I'm a little over 5 months exclusively breastfeeding my son. I didn't get past 3 months with my daughter so I'm excited. However, now that he is so aware I have some issues with him staying focused while eating. He likes looking at everything and pulls off a lot to look at whatever has distracted him and then he comes back to eat. The pulling off hurts sometimes but it doesn't really bother me unless we are in public. I don't cover while nursing, he hates it and we live in Arizona, it's usually too hot for a cover. So in public he pulls off and my entire boob is just out there lol.

Any ideas on how I can keep him focused?

Thanks!
by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
RaeMarie
by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 9:48 AM

I got nothing except for a cover. Even a light muslin one. 

LalasMommy1125
by Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 10:13 AM
Yeah he sweats even with nothing covering us every time he eats so muslin doesn't help him. Plus he kicks it off lol.

Quoting RaeMarie:

I got nothing except for a cover. Even a light muslin one. 

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 10:24 AM
I lifted my shirt from the bottom enough to latch mine on. It didn't really cover them, but if they pulled off, the shirt would drop down and cover me. You can wear a nursing bra that you can reach through the neck of the shirt to unfasten. I live in Memphis, so I know about heat and humidity. I always found nursing blankets and covers hot and awkward.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

LalasMommy1125
by Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 5:04 PM
Covering is really awkward. I usually wear a nursing tank but I'll try your suggestion too, thanks!

Quoting MusherMaggie: I lifted my sfirt from the bottom enough to latch mine on. It didn't really cover them, but if they pulled off, the shirt would drop down and cover me. You can wear a nursing bra that you can reach through the neck of the shirt to unfasten. I live in Memphis, so I know about heat and humidity. I always found nursing blankets and covers hot and awkward.
loquaciousred
by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Nursing necklace. It'll give him something hanging around your neck to play with.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Dec. 29, 2017 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting loquaciousred: Nursing necklace. It'll give him something hanging around your neck to play with.

I second this. One that has chunky beads or with wild/bright colors on it.
fairymaid23
by Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Id click my tongue or snap my fingers to get his attention... i would coo at the kiddo. (Breasted 5 kids for a total of 60 months). I would talk to the lil one
Stevensmomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 7:30 PM
My ds hates covers so what we statred was a light muslin blanket and he kinda runs his face with it while he eats its a comfort thing for him and i can kinda tell when hes gonna pull off so i grab it to cover up
GaleJ
by on Dec. 30, 2017 at 8:53 PM
Even if your son stops nursing for a moment you probably aren't as exposed as all that because he is still right there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)