Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm at a loss

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 12:07 PM
  • 1 Replies
My daughter is 3 and a half weeks old. She is exclusively breastfed and for the last week and a half, has been only pooping every other day at best and screams and cries in pain as she tries to go. Nothing in my diet has changed at all recently and she was pooping normally for her first week and a half of life. Today I gave her a bottle of milk that I had pumped and frozen 2 weeks ago, and within 5 minutes of having the bottle, she had a massive blowout and didn't strain to go at all. I wanted to see if I could get her to go again tonight, so I gave her another bottle of milk that I froze 2 weeks ago and again with 5 minutes, she had another blowout. Have any of you ladies experienced this? Why is she constipated with the milk I'm producing now, but totally fine on stuff I was producing earlier?
by on Dec. 29, 2017 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2017 at 11:37 PM
I suspect lip and tongue ties. Can you take a pucture of her mouth with the top lip turned up and one with her mouth open, under her tongue? She may not be transferring milk properly. Continue to supplement with your milk. Are you taking any medication or iron supplements yourself?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)